It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:04

Kopriso Mi Esposita video

Discussion on Nixies, Jump Hours and all other digital watches, clocks and gadgets
  • Author

cobra007

Techie

Techie

Kopriso Mi Esposita video

Post29 Aug 2013, 03:53

Hi Guys,

I repaired my nixie module that I had dropped onto a tiled floor while doing some tests.... (not recommended to do that) :bang:

Here the video for the new Kopriso Mi Esposita Nixie Watch.

Mi Esposita meaning something similar as "My Darling"; it also stands for "Embellished Solar Powered SIngle Tube Androgynous" :-D

Well enjoy the video and leave your valuable comments!!

Michel

BENRUS

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Kopriso Mi Esposita video

Post29 Aug 2013, 14:11

Cool :mega:
Great Job!

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post30 Aug 2013, 13:18

Good work.

AlmightyTallest

Wizard

Wizard

Post05 Sep 2013, 15:55

Very nicely done, I like the short pause between hour and minutes, and the longer pause for day of week function.

The top mounted buttons are rather unique too, big bonus points for having a battery charge meter readout on the nixie.

cobra007

Techie

Techie

Post07 Sep 2013, 10:29

Thanks guys! I saw the top side buttons on a lum-tec watch some time ago and thought it was really interesting. It was for the electronic design also much easier to put the buttons on the top, so really, a win-win situation :grin1:

>Very nicely done, I like the short pause between hour and minutes, and the longer pause for day of week function.
Yes, the pause between hours, minutes etc is essential to make it convenient to read the time with just 1 digit. It gives the brain just enough time to realize "ok, it's 11 hours" and "ok, it's 14 minutes". If you would just display it as 1, 1, 1, 4 with equal pauses, it becomes really hard to quickly realize what time it actually is. The other thing, if the watch is put into 12 hour mode, most of the time you only need 3 digits, only 10hrs, 11hrs and 12hrs would require 4 digits to be displayed.

I designed the case to suit relatively small wrists. I've been wearing it now for a while and have tried different straps but came to the conclusion that if you have a bigger wrist, the Bell & Ross straps are the best. I didn't plan to use this strap at all, but it turned out to be the best strap for this watch. My wrist is certainly not big (7.2") but I haven't found another strap yet that sits as comfy as the B&R strap. For my wife is different, her wrist is 6.5" and leather straps look really nice. Very interesting to find the perfect strap that suits the watch AND the wrist!

Michel

Return to Other digital watches, clocks and gadgets