my ticker

For Stone Age Men (and Women) and their Toys
  • Author

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

my ticker

Post13 Dec 2008, 01:40

[img=http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/1908/maui2007097wi4.th.jpg] this is a photo of my laco b-uhr from 1942. i had to make a new balance staff for it. the original was broken on both ends. it wears and works well now. peter :-D

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

: my ticker

Post13 Dec 2008, 02:28

Peter:
That is a cool piece. Besides being a minimilistic styler, it would be good to teach a child time on or for someone with visual problems., With the seperate dial ring for the hours it sure makes the hour very clear. What kind of price range is that piece?
Ed
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post13 Dec 2008, 03:34

hi ed, you're quite right on all points. the laco watches are 55mm in dia. basically for pilots of the lufftwaffe. many of them did not survive[pilots or watches] and the ones around are quite rare. until i got this one i had only seen 1 other in real life and it also had a bad balance staff. this one has been recased meaning the ser # on the movt & case do not match. both movt and case are genuine however. i have 1 other with matching ser #'s in better cond. they were made to the same specs by laco, wempe, a. lange & sohne, and iwc. iwc had a slightly different case at the lugs. they were part of the case proper. the others have the lugs soldered into the round case edges. they are brass cases w/chrome or something of that sort plated on them. there are also different dial configurations, but the ones with the stubby hr hand have always been the ones i have been after. depending on cond i have seen them on various european web sites at up to $8000, but most are inthe $2000-4000 range. thought i would share the photo since mick asked me a few weeks ago what it was. i wear it quite frequently just for the reaction of people. most think i am kind of goofy, but i don't care! one of the priveleges of getting older! :mrgreen: :roll:

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post13 Dec 2008, 07:47

mick asked me a few weeks ago what it was

It caught my eye (hardly surprising given the size) on one of Pete's Synchronar listings.

Very unique looking watch with an interesting history 8-)

Thanks Pete for the photo and information.

jones38

Nerd

Nerd

Post16 May 2011, 22:04

Nice vintage piece. Where were you able to find this watch? Also, any idea on resale value?

Return to Non - Digitals with Hands