It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 16:13


Can anyone repair an "electronic" fixed coil LIP R

For Stone Age Men (and Women) and their Toys
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

markyd3

Techie

Techie

  • Posts: 116
  • Joined: 05 Oct 2010, 00:00

Can anyone repair an "electronic" fixed coil LIP R

Post26 Nov 2010, 16:37

HI Guys,

Just got this for a bargain price!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

I have found a couple of watches on ebay with a LIP R148 for about £60-80 which i could cannabalise for the movement but it would be good to see if the movement in this one could be repaired !!

I have no idea whats wrong with it other than it doesnt seem to be getting any power to it, even after installing a brand new 386 battery.

Just wondered if anybody on here dabbled with these watches or knew someone who does?

Cheers,

Mark
Offline
User avatar

Old Tom

Wizard

Wizard

  • Posts: 267
  • Joined: 15 Dec 2006, 10:48
  • Location: London, England

: Can anyone repair an "electronic" fixed coil LIP

Post26 Nov 2010, 18:28

You B*****d! I was bidding on that and would have gone to about £100 for it. However, never mind. 386 is wrong battery- right size but wrong shape- shorts out on battery well edges (hence no power). Correct cell is 301 which is the "nipple top" 386 size cell. Repairing these is not too difficult, 90% of the problems are due to the very, very fine double contact wires which connect to a moving pin on the balance (the other 10% are normally down to the watch oil drying out and the movement becoming sticky- I have never come across any other faults in these, done perhaps 45 over the last 15 years). If you have never repaired an electric watch before this is not the watch to start on- you need at least 20x magnification to see the contact wires clearly and need to know how they should make & break correctly.
Offline

markyd3

Techie

Techie

  • Posts: 116
  • Joined: 05 Oct 2010, 00:00

: Can anyone repair an "electronic" fixed coil LIP

Post26 Nov 2010, 18:36

Sorry Tom :-(

I idnt mean to step on anyones toes with this... i just sent the guy an email asking if he wanted to close early and he came back with a price just too good to turn down.

Would you consider repairing this for me... i will pay you of course!!

I shall try the 301 battery first to see if that gets it running.

Drop me a PM mate.

Regs,

Mark
Offline
User avatar

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

  • Posts: 534
  • Joined: 25 Feb 2008, 03:28
  • Location: Arizona

: Can anyone repair an "electronic" fixed coil LIP

Post27 Nov 2010, 01:40

that is the main reason i don't like bidding on ebay anymore. you could be driving the price up bidding against a fellow forum member. we should have a way of identifying each other. mabye a post alerting that we are bidding. probably wouldn't eliminate friendly competition, but at least one would know its time to withdraw and bid on another item. i was going to go for the LIP but hesitated too long. :-( peter

Return to Non - Digitals with Hands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests