For Stone Age Men (and Women) and their Toys
  • Author

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

The ESA 9182

Post14 Apr 2013, 15:13

I got two nos lanco quartz watches some time ago

With the ESA 9182 quartz. Seven jewels and shock absorption for the rotor!

Unfortunately with some battery leakage. I cleaned off all the crud, wasn't that much, and got the watch to "tick" again. Well almost, I see a one second pulse going to the four coils you see on the picture. (big rotor!) but unfortunately, on both watches the coils are damaged by leaking battery fumes. Ah well, another "long term project"...

Always take pictures to remember where all those gears go to :)

(all pictures taken before cleaning)

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Re: The ESA 9182

Post24 Apr 2013, 12:51

where is the damage to the coils? can't see any?
unless direct battery acid is applied I have not experienced those coils to stop working that easily.
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post24 Apr 2013, 19:45

I checked the coils with my multimeter, some have resistance, some have an open circuit. The circuitboard works, gives a nice 1 second pulse to the coils. Apparently those coils are fragile :(
I've got another one, a nice pontiac. The seller checked the watch with a battery and it worked briefly. I discovered what happened, the glue holding the coils was perished, the coils dropped on the large powerful rotor, snagging them as it moved. Ripped off coil...

quietman

Techie

Techie

Post24 Apr 2013, 22:39

It doesn't take much mechanical abrasion to Open Circuit these coils. I've had NOS ones that I can't even see any surface damage under my x4 loupe that were O/C. Thats not why I replied though .....

Heres your part - 230761617220

.... sometimes this seller gets their descriptions wrong. Its obviously not a 4210 Rotor but the 4182 Rotor Bridge that you need ..... I'm 95% sure that these parts are Interchange on 9180/9181/9182/9183 movements.

Oh, just checked, they have apparently the same part listed more correctly as well - 270941853460

Good Luck .....

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post24 Apr 2013, 23:57

Thanks! I did buy a nos esa 9150 circuit from them a while ago, never received it and they more or less said to do nothing about it. "you can always complain at paypal..." :ha:

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post25 Apr 2013, 01:46

those calibers are almost alike and if I recall the difference was either the day or date or something else.

about vacheron_nl...well, they used to be the best some 10 years ago but their customer service just plummeted in the last few years.
they don't bother responding to many inquiries and even when you complain on a late delivery or lack of response they will ban you from their auctions.
I guess they are after bulk buyers that don't ask questions :)
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post29 May 2013, 10:34

I just want to mention that vacheron_nl apparently reads this forum, explained that "some wires were crossed" and they quickly refunded my money :) They were polite too. (no I don't work there :Hi: )

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post29 May 2013, 11:39

well, you're in NL so you are in luck and maybe they have improved lately.
their list of excluded countries is super long including many in Europe and I would guess that their list of blocked buyers is also extensive.
I bought tons from them in the past but got blocked when I complained several times on late delivery, goods not being available after purchase and poor communication.
vacheron_nl is not running the shop as a hobby but it's a business so you can expect some level of customer service.

Return to Non - Digitals with Hands