Heuer 1611

For Stone Age Men (and Women) and their Toys
  • Author

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Heuer 1611

Post28 Oct 2015, 21:10

I've always had a soft spot for digital Heuers, though admittedly their modules are crap and very fragile. Their mechanical brethren however are very well made. The pre-Tag Heuer watches both analogue and digital are highly coveted . The original 70s Monacos for instance, sell for huge sums. I dont own many analogue watches, some ultrathins from the 80s but thats more or less it. If i was buying a new watch, i think i'd pick one with a white dial, so easy to see. I decided to buy a Rolex Oyster a while back, certainly a common if relatively expensive watch. I decided to wait until just my spec came along, white dial, roman numerals, all stainless, 36mm case (below) Today i bought this manual wind Heuer, from what i understand,this model was farmed out by Heuer due to financial constraints of the times, late 70s (thus the "made in France" tag) and sort of looked down upon as the runt of the litter by Heuer aficionados. Anyway, i saw the dial and fell in love. Thought i'd share

Rolex Oyster

1611 Heuer

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: Heuer 1611

Post30 Oct 2015, 06:44

Cracking watches and equally as good photo's. :-D

Caruso

Wizard

Wizard

Post31 Oct 2015, 00:52

What's the significance of the palm and swords?
Check out my vintage digital channel on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/danhay1137

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post31 Oct 2015, 02:15

The palm - swords is the national emblem of Saudi Arabia, ie the watch was originally a gift from the saudi government. In this case, for serving in the first Gulf War -Desert Storm in 1991 as is the medal. Doesnt really add any value to the watch, just a bit of added interest, though there are collectors of "kings and president watches" myself included for a while. Out of my own collection of these type watches, i still have a few, the others i've sold on over the years. The problem collecting these is, very often they are solid gold and blinged up with precious stones so it can get expensive :eek:

Oman Breitling

Sarcar

Jordanian Pulsar

Gubelin 18ct white gold

Rolex Cellini

Eterna (Qatar)

Return to Non - Digitals with Hands