It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:46

seiko tv watch

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

robc

seiko tv watch

Post18 Feb 2006, 01:14

Anyone have any service info? Watch isn't mine :( but it's a very cool thing. No picture though. The screen looks like there is no synchronization- the littlle connector that goes to the reciever has several contacts, I'm going to scope them out and see what I can figure out. I want one now...

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: seiko tv watch

Post18 Feb 2006, 02:23

Small word of warning. Many countries are moving over to digital TV, we had a thread running on a similar subject some time earlier if you do a search. So if your country moves to digital, the TV wont work, and you'll just have a very nice, probably expensive, but mostly useless watch. On the same thread I mentioned, there's also a bit of info on a newer, and I think digital compatible, LCD watch. I'd go for the new one myself.

If you look on ebay, you'll find some gadgets like this. Think this model is analogue, but I think they are planning digitals too.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post18 Feb 2006, 18:00

Digital to anolog converters are available but it's not like you can strap one to your arm and, obviously, it would have you cabled to the digital wire... Yeah, some older things become unusable relics. I just helped a client sell an old stock ticker - obviously it ain't getting hooked up to any modern phone system.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

robc

Post21 Feb 2006, 04:18

abacus wrote:Small word of warning. Many countries are moving over to digital TV, we had a thread running on a similar subject some time earlier if you do a search. So if your country moves to digital, the TV wont work, and you'll just have a very nice, probably expensive, but mostly useless watch. On the same thread I mentioned, there's also a bit of info on a newer, and I think digital compatible, LCD watch. I'd go for the new one myself.

If you look on ebay, you'll find some gadgets like this. Think this model is analogue, but I think they are planning digitals too.

Like I said, it's not mine- I'm just looking at it for a friend. And believe me, if my country switches over entirely to digital TV, I'll be one of the first to know. (I spent my *entire* day trying to send serial data through this: http://www.tandbergtv.com/productview.asp?n=57) It should have been easy.....

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post21 Feb 2006, 05:34

I posted the warning for your/anyones benefit in case you weren't aware of the possibility of the watch becoming obsolete. No sugestion that you were actually the seller was meant. Sorry if that's how it came across.

Return to Electronical