It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:25

Repairperson Listings

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Repairperson Listings

Post17 Jan 2008, 22:48

I'm making this a sticky and then will expand it to a true repair listing area if people participate.

List your areas of expertise(refinishing, case repairs,etc.), your general location for those who don't like shipping long distances, and contact information. 8-) "Fitron" suggested this, sounded like a great idea, as close to totally free advertising as it gets. My signature already does it for me, so I will list myself last, if at all.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

: Repairperson Listings

Post28 Jan 2008, 18:02

In case somebody would be interested there are repair hints available on my website, browse it first, give it a try but if you still have issues email me for help.
I do not do repairs as a business so availability is limited but in many cases repairs are free at the cost of postage unless parts need to be salvaged from any source.
Last edited by azimuth_pl on 09 Jan 2015, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

Tigerham

Post31 May 2011, 20:27

Hi, I'm new to the forum, name's Ham from UK Surrey. I'm looking to get a great LED vintage watch BUT it might and probably will need some electronical repair to the buttons specially the stting buttons. Can anyone help at all?

Thank you. :)

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post07 Jun 2011, 21:00

Welcome to the forum Tigerham ;-) The forum is not so old it's just the forum members that are all old codgers :lol:

Posts tend to get answered quicker when a specific question is asked, I suspect that is why some of your posts may have gone unanswered.

For a repair service the obvious choice would be Ed (retroleds) the site administrator http://www.retroleds.com/ another to consider would be Peter Wenzig in Germany http://www.digitalwatches.de/ENGLISH_INDEX.HTM
or alternatively post the details of the fault along with some photo's to see what action would be advisable.

Tigerham

Post07 Jun 2011, 21:11

bucko170 your reply is greatly appreciated, thank you! :D

I'm awaiting the 2 watches to come by post very soon so as soon as they do I will post pics and describe accurately what the problems are.

I know that the touch sensor LED Macy's watch has a settings problem that can't be set and the other which I cant remember the name has a problem with not working at all but could be the battery as was corroded before but cleaned.

Thanks again dude.

Ham

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post08 Jun 2011, 00:31

This thread may be of interest to you http://dwf.nu/viewtopic.php?t=1242&highlight=touch+set it has some good info and explains the setting procedure which is easy...... when you know how. Over the years the contacts can become contaminated and unresponsive, cleaning them with rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol - isopropanol) often helps and you have to ensure that you have a good contact through the skin so greasy fingers are a no no.

Good luck with your purchase hopefully you will get a couple of nice workers.

Tigerham

Post08 Jun 2011, 00:43

bucko170 that thread was perfect dude, many thanks. I now know what to do when it arrives and as a bonus can also set the 24 hr clock along with the brightness. What a watch, can't wait to receive it. :D

Tigerham

Post09 Jun 2011, 11:52

Hey Mick, I got the watch and love it. Just one thing tho.. well two. I cant set the 24hr clock as when I touch the contact again when it's on the 12 or whatever hour its set to it just goes onto the next setting which is the minutes. Also I cant set the brightness level either.

Any help at all dude?

Thanks

Ham

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post09 Jun 2011, 19:41

Not all the modules are 24hr selectable with the brightness settings some just have the 12hr module, in the thread previously mentioned 'Led-Time' gives excellent instructions for the setting procedure for the 24hr modules.....

"If your watch has a 24hr module its selectable between 12/24hrs, when the watch is in set mode go through the all the functions till you see 12 being displayed touch the contact and it'll change to 24 the watch will now display 24hr time, keep going with the settings until you see all the LED segments lit up in the display this is a brightness setting five levels if I remember correctly."

Tigerham

Post09 Jun 2011, 20:03

Ah right, so I'm guessing mine only has the 12hr mode and no brightness setting then as it blaintantly doesn't flash up all LED's in any of the settings and have tried to touch the contacts when the 12hr setting is up and nothing but changes the time. Oh well, maybe I can change the module over for the 24hr one one day. :)

Thanks for your help Mick.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: : Repairperson Listings

Post09 Jun 2011, 20:41

Tigerham wrote:Ah right, so I'm guessing mine only has the 12hr mode and no brightness setting then as it blaintantly doesn't flash up all LED's in any of the settings and have tried to touch the contacts when the 12hr setting is up and nothing but changes the time. Oh well, maybe I can change the module over for the 24hr one one day. :)
Thanks for your help Mick.

Your welcome and congratulations on your purchase it's still a nice watch regardless of whether it is a 12hr or 24hr module but just be careful these things are addictive, as many forum members know one watch can turn into fifty watches (or more) very quickly ;-) If you really would like the 24hr module it might be worthwhile contacting Ed (Retroleds) he might well have a spare to sell.

You mentioned that you had purchased two watches is the other watch still in transit?

Tigerham

Post09 Jun 2011, 21:02

Thats great stuff, will get in touch with Ed, cheers dude.

yes the other is in Transit from US to UK but here's a pic of it...

I was told that it doesn't seem to work and that the battery terminals were corroded but they have cleaned off most of it so not sure what will be wrong with it when it comes.

bakker11

Re: Repairperson Listings

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post15 Feb 2012, 10:04

Sziasztok!
Nice repair, it appears that you modified a standard webcamera and applied it to a scientific microscope :)
What kind of solder or silver epoxy are you using for wirebonds?
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

530bmwm5

Geek

Geek

Post15 Dec 2014, 13:07

looking to get my chronosplit refurbished and new glass with the black logo put back on . please can anyone help

Return to Electronical