It is currently 12 May 2024, 02:52

Pulsar AutoCommand question

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

70's_gal

Geek

Geek

Pulsar AutoCommand question

Post07 Feb 2012, 07:40

Sorry if it's been asked; I tried a search and nothing turned up.

I have a Pulsar Executive with the AutoCommand feature. The switch is extremely sensitive, which causes the batteries to drain rapidly. Does anyone have a fix? I might have an otherwise-dead module with a better switch I could swap out, or I could just bypass it altogether. Any remedies available for the switch as it is in place?

Thanks!
Sherry.
Too many watches, not enough wrists... ;-)

LED

Geek

Geek

Re: Pulsar AutoCommand question

Post07 Feb 2012, 20:00

Hi,
hm - Sherry from Canada - aren't you one of the first hour LED collectors I have been in contact with about 14 years ago? ;-)

Your question:
The mercury switch which operates the autocommand function is often defective on these models. It can be replaced (original spare part required I'm afraid) or simply cut off if you don't need this funtion.

Cheers
Juergen

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post07 Feb 2012, 20:06

You must be both ashame.. !@@! .not spending more time on this incredible board :-D ...start posting some nice pictures of your collections ASAP... M:)W:)M
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

LED

Geek

Geek

Post07 Feb 2012, 20:11

Oh well, I think everybody knows these always same old pictures from my old website... ;* :~# ;-)
Also I have a few for sale here
Last edited by LED on 07 Feb 2012, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

70's_gal

Geek

Geek

Post07 Feb 2012, 20:24

LED wrote:Hi,
hm - Sherry from Canada - aren't you one of the first hour LED collectors I have been in contact with about 14 years ago? ;-)

Your question:
The mercury switch which operates the autocommand function is often defective on these models. It can be replaced (original spare part required I'm afraid) or simply cut off if you don't need this funtion.

Cheers
Juergen

Juergen! Hello! Yes, I am the same Sherry. :-) How are you? Long time since we have spoken....

Thanks for your answer, which is about what I expected. I think I have an old module I have been cannibalizing for parts; it may still have the switch I need. If that doesn't work, I will just remove it altogether. I kind of like pushing the buttons anyway. ;-)

Cheers,
Sherry.

70's_gal

Geek

Geek

Post07 Feb 2012, 20:37

kasper wrote:You must be both ashame.. !@@! .not spending more time on this incredible board :-D ...start posting some nice pictures of your collections ASAP... M:)W:)M

I have some older photos of some of my collection in the User Galleries under 70's_gal or Sherry's addictions, but I can't figure out how to upload new ones to this new forum!

How do I upload new pics???

~Sherry.
Last edited by 70's_gal on 07 Feb 2012, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.

LED

Geek

Geek

Post07 Feb 2012, 20:40

HI Sherry! :-D

Thats great that you are still there and even still interested in LEDs! Nice to hear from you again!

Sure if you have another module give it a try and swap over the switch. I would cut these sort of flat wires that go the switch, don't try to desolder directly from the board as you will hardly get them off there. Be cautious not to break the tiny glas tube.

Cheers
Juergen

70's_gal

Geek

Geek

Post07 Feb 2012, 20:56

LED wrote:HI Sherry! :-D

Thats great that you are still there and even still interested in LEDs! Nice to hear from you again!

Sure if you have another module give it a try and swap over the switch. I would cut these sort of flat wires that go the switch, don't try to desolder directly from the board as you will hardly get them off there. Be cautious not to break the tiny glas tube.

Cheers
Juergen

Thanks! Yes, it would be a similar procedure for replacing reed switches; I try to cut and solder somewhere along the flat wires if possible; the glass tubes are so easy to break and I'm sure the mercury switch is no different. :evil:

~Sherry.

70's_gal

Geek

Geek

Post07 Feb 2012, 21:32

FWIW: I have posted a newer pic of my little watch collection here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5140

Cheers!
Sherry.

LED

Geek

Geek

Post07 Feb 2012, 21:40

Hi Sherry,

you are right, the mercury switch is about as keen as the reed switches. Fingers crossed, but I know you will make it.
Not only you are an early PLUS the only female LED watch collector I have met or even heard of through all these years (if i'm allowed to mention that here, otherwise I will delete it), you can even do repairs yourself - hats off! ;-)

Cheers
Juergen

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post07 Feb 2012, 22:27

i feel that there is love in the air :O`~ :-D , but Sherry, i admit...hats off 8-)

easy uploading pictures in posts on a forum:
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5079
you can skip the mobile phone part and go alone with dropbox if you take pics with a normal digital cam.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

70's_gal

Geek

Geek

Post08 Feb 2012, 03:11

kasper wrote:i feel that there is love in the air :O`~ :-D , but Sherry, i admit...hats off 8-)

easy uploading pictures in posts on a forum:
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5079
you can skip the mobile phone part and go alone with dropbox if you take pics with a normal digital cam.

Thanks! Does this forum also support files from Photobucket? That's where most of my watch pics ae. And how do I edit my Members Gallery pics?

~Sherry.

Return to Electronical