It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:49

Lemon Faces - Seiko LCD MODS

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

retrowrist

Wizard

Wizard

Lemon Faces - Seiko LCD MODS

Post16 Aug 2013, 02:24

Hi everyone,

I cannot stand it when eBay Salesman list their Seiko 0624-5009, and call it Lemon Drop, or call it Lemon Face just to attract more money from desperate collectors like myself. I don't believe that Seiko ever intended for the exact name for the Seiko 0624-5009 to be designated as "Lemon Drop", so it bothers me.

Yes, two of these Seiko LCSs (0532-5009, 0662A) are MODS in that I used a yellow UV filter to get more POP from the LCD panel. Tell me what you think? Total garbage?

- Patrick

simone

Guru

Guru

Re: Lemon Faces - Seiko LCD MODS

Post16 Aug 2013, 10:47

Very pretty for sure but i prefer the original version :scratch:
"Lemon drop" or "lemon face" mmmmmm i hate this nickname :bang: :bang: ....and i know the person who sell this 0624...
Some watches are made to last only as long as they are fashionable
Some watches, simply are not made to last
Seiko watches are designed to withstand the ravages of both time and fashion
Someday perhaps, all watches will be made this way

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post16 Aug 2013, 11:18

I reckon they look great.
I did the same to an Omega Constellation LCD. It was an accident actually. It needed a new polarizing filter, and I put one in that was lying around in a parts box. It didn't look yellow when I picked it out, but looks just like a 0624 now.
Rgds.

abem

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post16 Aug 2013, 19:06

I like 'em. It adds a touch of color which makes them more interesting. LCD watches can be a little monochromatic. Also, for two of 'em, the color matches the color of the text on the face, so it works well aesthetically. Nice.

Have you experimented with other colors? Light green or red might be interesting.

-abe.

retrowrist

Wizard

Wizard

Post18 Aug 2013, 22:06

Abem,

No, I never tried a Green UV filter mainly because I think by using rainbow colors, (Green, Red, and Blue) I would be getting into the whole area of CHEAPNESS, and that is NOT what I wanted to do, but instead, show how a well known, or familiar classic LCD looks when it is DRESSED up differently. If this makes any sine to you. :-)

I know that you have modified LCD's yourself, and I suppose it is irresistible to some people.

But maybe I will try different lighting this time, I wanted a glow-in-the-dark function, but NOT using Tritium or Radium, but instead the safe Luminous glow paint.

Anyway, thanks for all your replies.

- Patrick

Return to Electronical