It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 07:56

Renata CR cells

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Renata CR cells

Post13 Nov 2015, 14:10

Hi all just purchased these from the bay:

2025 crp.jpg

2025 bk crp.jpg

Don't look right to me but can anyone confirm or dispel my suspicions?
1. No date on packaging or edge of cell. (as far as I can see through plastic)
2. In 5 pack. (I thought they always came individual?)
3. Made in Indonesia?
:Prost: in advance
Pete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: Renata CR cells

Post13 Nov 2015, 18:24

Date wise your good for the next 10 years ;-)

....... 2025

!@@!

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post14 Nov 2015, 12:39

bucko170 wrote:Date wise your good for the next 10 years ;-)

....... 2025

!@@!

Yeah right had me thinking I'd gone blind for about 20 seconds. YOU PLONKER RODNEY. :oops: :ha:
M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...

allabouttime

Post15 Nov 2015, 08:24

Hi, I go through a good number of batteries a month ( about $1000US cost ) and have some Renata CR2032's in stock in the same type of packaging. Made in Indonesia and no date code any place on the battery or the packaging. All looks good with yours from what I can tell. Just got two boxes of 100 from a large US parts distributor a couple of weeks ago so they are fresh. I try to only use Eveready but do have a few of the Lithium numbers in Renata. Hope that this helps.
J. L. Bennett
Jax. Fl.

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post15 Nov 2015, 21:27

Hi thanks for that, although I did find this on amazon. :scratch:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/expiry-battery- ... ort=newest

Basically it looks like a reply from a seller stating that any Renata's with a paper of card back
on the packaging are fake?
I'm struggling to find anything about fake Renata cr's on line.

Anyone else feel like chipping in?

Old Tom

Wizard

Wizard

Post18 Nov 2015, 09:42

Renata have been supplying CR cells in the 2016, 2025 & 2032 sizes (probably about 80% of their Lithium coin cell sales) from Indonesia for the last 2 years or so. All the other Lithium sizes still come from Switzerland as do the Silver Oxide and Mercury free ranges. I think they have no use by date on as they sell really quickly and management probably decided to save the money on printing the dates so as to keep the cell price competitive- they actually cost me less now than they did three years ago and work just as well. The five strip packaging has been available for a long time- I have some 2430s on five strip packaging from 2003 (just kept them as a collectable!). The 10 & 100 packs of the above sizes also come from Indonesia (single poly packed cells).

I find the quickest way to tell a cheap cell from a decent cell is to use a small powerful magnet to pick it up- Renata/Hitachi Maxell etc stick really well, the cheapos don't- the economy appears to be in the outer casing which is made from I don't know what!

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post18 Nov 2015, 16:23

Well what can I say other than THANKYOU :Prost:
Yet another in depth reply from a very informed source.
:Prost: Tom very much appreciated.
Pete

Ps. this just in from Renata

Thanks a lot for your mails & your interest for our products. Regarding your questions please find some comments mentioned below:

Origin:
Please note that our CR2025 MFR are actually made in Indonesia.
Visible date:
On the negative side of the coin cell you should find two numbers which stand for the production date (year/month)
Packaging:
It seems that your supplier is using our tear strip packing, please see an example below:

Looks just like the one above....
Ripped one open and found 43 on the Neg side. (March 2014)
Sorry about pic quality.
cr2025datecrp.jpg

So it seems they are genuine. :-D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Old Tom

Wizard

Wizard

Post20 Nov 2015, 17:43

A bit more on Renata Lithium- they still supply Swiss made cells in the Indonesian sizes (which for 2015 are 1216, 1220, 2016, 2025, 2032 & 2430) and according to Renata the Swiss made cells have a greater capacity & wider operating tempature range than the non Swiss cells.

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post20 Nov 2015, 18:10

Well spotted dude, ;-)
So from now on we just make sure they come in separate packs
with a thin plastic back, if we want the best.

Return to Electronical