It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:55

How to open press fit case?

Discuss problems, tricks and hints on case restoration, tools,watch buttons and tools.
  • Author

s_elias

Geek

Geek

How to open press fit case?

Post05 Feb 2013, 02:10

Hi,

Any ideas on how to open the back on a case like this?

It's not a screw on, and there doesn't appear to be any gap to place a watcher opener blade into?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Phasar66

Wizard

Wizard

Re: How to open press fit case?

Post05 Feb 2013, 04:12

I used to have the same problem. The caseback on your watch is tightly close with hardly any gap.
I had success using an utility nife and very carfully tapping with a small hammer untill it starts to crack open
after that you can use a regular case opener or a similar tool. It works every time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post05 Feb 2013, 13:19

It is important to remove the batteries and the battery hatches before removing the case back to prevent damage to the PCB.

The case back looks as if it over hangs where the band fits (some do) if it is not on super tight you can use this as a leverage point using careful, gentle pressure on both ends.

s_elias

Geek

Geek

Post07 Feb 2013, 06:19

Hi,

Thanks for the tip, success !

I was able to pry the case off as you mentioned. It did overhang slightly at the bottom of the case as shown in the picture. I used a small flat screw driver with a wide blade and a twisting motion to pop off the case back.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post07 Feb 2013, 21:01

screwdrivers are very dangerous..never use them..you miss when the case opens and shoot with it in the module.
use a old potatoknife with wooden handle... cut the blade of till 1.5 cm from the handle, sharpen it.. the best case opener in the world.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Return to Mechanical