It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:48

Help with a HP-01 band.

Discuss problems, tricks and hints on case restoration, tools,watch buttons and tools.
  • Author

joshhp01

Help with a HP-01 band.

Post14 Sep 2013, 19:55

Hello everyone!

Has anyone had any experience with a band that this happened to? Looking at it i see a pin is supposed to be there and is now not...but i'm not sure how to fix it, OR if its even possible to fix.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Help with a HP-01 band.

Post15 Sep 2013, 02:47

Hi!

I suppose the two parts are interlocking, e.g. you have to slide the to parts together "sideways"? Examine the other links to see if the two loose parts are still intact, if nothing has broken off. (how does the other end of the bracelet look?)

joshhp01

Post15 Sep 2013, 04:24

Correct, it will slide together but not stay. There is a small hole on the center of both sides that i assume a pin sits...or used to sit i should say. i'm not sure how, of it it's even possible to put a new pin back on the band. I'm hoping someone here has experience and can either tell me how or break the news that i need to go band shopping!

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post15 Sep 2013, 05:19

It's a pin and spring system. You might be able to make a pin but to find a spring that small!

Also, this is a non adjusting link, so the actual pin spring system is more permanent then the adjustable links.

I am still trying to figure that out as I have a strap with a similar problem.

If you find a way I will include it in my book with credit to you!

Cheers

Return to Mechanical