It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 06:39

Sicura scratched face

Discuss problems, tricks and hints on case restoration, tools,watch buttons and tools.
  • Author

Iggie9

Sicura scratched face

Post11 Mar 2022, 11:19

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to Polish light scratches out of a sicura chronoflash face?

I see videos on YouTube where it looks straight forward with sandpaper and poly watch.

Is the crystal on my sicura acrylic?
I’d hate to start this and then find that it’s not the right material and the technique doesn’t work

coconutman351

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Sicura scratched face

Post03 Jun 2022, 05:12

The Sicura Chronoflash has a acrylic (plastic) display cover. All depends on how deep the scratches are. If they are light use a 2000 sandpaper and polish off with Cerium Oxide glass polish.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Re: Sicura scratched face

Post03 Jun 2022, 15:34

Iggie9 wrote:Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to Polish light scratches out of a sicura chronoflash face?

I see videos on YouTube where it looks straight forward with sandpaper and poly watch.

Is the crystal on my sicura acrylic?
I’d hate to start this and then find that it’s not the right material and the technique doesn’t work
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to Mechanical