It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:17

Timecraft Industries

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Timecraft Industries

Post02 Aug 2006, 04:27

A strange little thing,eh.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Timecraft Industries

Post02 Aug 2006, 12:59

Indeed. I assume it's an aesthetic design to have the crystal like that, but surely it would have been more logical to have the crystal either the other way up or extended a similar distance to the bottom 1/3. Either option would allow the wearer to glance at the time with less twisting of the wrist.
Of course as it's a 70's watch aesthetics have gone out of the window :wink:

Perhaps send a photo to guy's balls website, it's unusual enough to be worthy of publication.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post02 Aug 2006, 15:53

The picture doesn't do it justice. Funny thing: the module lays flat as in any standard LED, but the angled crystal seems to make it a little easier to view. Aestetically, it looks like an arrowhead or old keyhole? The case is polished SS, band is brushed SS. Higher-res picture has been sent to Gary Ball(I use his site frequently to identify items..this one is unknown). Module is by Windert - Day-of-week!

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post02 Aug 2006, 21:52

I think he'll be happy to publish this one, it's very striking and has a real impact. I like it, it's way more interesting than most ladies models.

Silly question though, are the LED's smaller than in a man's? Women seem to have the gift of reading tiny watch faces far better than men and I'm just wondering if this carried over to LED's.

Personal ladies fav - the bulova sideview bangle that crops up occassionally.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post03 Aug 2006, 00:05

The Timecraft is a man's watch....25mm Day-of-week module, fits an 8.25" wrist(very loose on my fully 8" wrist). Actually a fairly chunky watch.

Bulova sideview bangle?(the one with the flowery engraved finish?) - watchismo had a very mint one about 6 months ago...it's now part of the missus' personal collection.

notonly1

Techie

Techie

Post03 Aug 2006, 04:47

little1up wrote: Higher-res picture has been sent to Gary Ball(I use his site frequently to identify items..this one is unknown).

It's Guy Ball.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post03 Aug 2006, 09:46

A man's watch...ooops. :oops: I'd like to see it in the metal but as I'm not going to the states anytime soon I doubt I will. I still think it would make a great ladies watch if scaled down. It appears to be longer vertically compared to a more 'normal' proportioned mans watch, that's why I thought is was a ladies one. It has more elegant proportions IMHO.

Any hints on how to get the wife to wear a digi watch would be appreciated by more one member of the forum I suspect. It would allow us to bid on so many cheaper leds! :lol: Hell if this was big enough I'd wear it!

http://www.ledwatches.net/photo-pages/b ... utron7.htm

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post03 Aug 2006, 12:11

It,s a simple matter to get your wife to wear an LED, tell her she's not allowed to, that,ll do it. Alternatively you could wear a womens LED when cross dressing, thats allowed surely :D

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post03 Aug 2006, 20:01

MY bad....I've bought from Guy.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post03 Aug 2006, 20:11

That Bulova Computron is the one I was talking about...beautiful thing. I would suggest a nice pendant watch for a lady who wears necklaces or brooches. My wife is a science teacher....wristwatches get killed by the constant hand washing,etc. but the pendant is always safe, albiet not very accessable. Other women and watches - I think the ladies are right on this one, there are easier ways to get the time these days. Real Men 8) are drawn to complicated mechanical items(guns, clocks,typewriters,computers) - an eccentric,electronic watch that takes two hands fits that bill perfectly. :lol:

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post03 Aug 2006, 22:47

That means any LED drivers watch is a real mans watch, after all you need to take both hands off the wheel to check the time......

As for cross dressing...my student days are loooooonnnnngggg gone but the Ladyboys of Bangkok have set up their tent about 300 yards from my work. Cycle past it twice a day. Now that's cross dressing.

Ah I've just remembered, I was a glam rocker in the eighties, all the men wore bangles to complement their backcombed hair. Oh happy days (from what I remember). I had at least 30 on the one wrist. Motely Crue revival anyone ?

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post04 Aug 2006, 03:13

Fitron Fiend wrote: I was a glam rocker in the eighties, all the men wore bangles to complement their backcombed hair. Oh happy days (from what I remember). I had at least 30 on the one wrist. Motely Crue revival anyone ?

:lol: I was a bit of a rocker myself back in the day... did a stint as the bass player for an Alice Cooper tribute band - makeup and metal-flake nailpolish, 3 nights a week!! That should explain a lot....

Here is a picture of the watch next to a men's dress Pulsar...for size comparision.

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

Post04 Aug 2006, 09:42

The guy who designed the front end of our trains here in Denmark must have seen your watch little1up...

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Billedserier/2 ... ?PagePos=8

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions