It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:56

My Phosphor E-ink watch

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

AlmightyTallest

Wizard

Wizard

My Phosphor E-ink watch

Post22 Jul 2010, 21:59

I just got it this week, and I'm very happy with it. You can see the digits from a mile away their so big, and the contrast is better compared to an LCD. I can see the time from almost any angle at a glance.

It does have a 3 second screen refresh which it does every 15 minutes to clear away the "ghosting images" of the previous digits. (One of the disadvantages of E-ink technology) But I sort of like the feature because the screen wipes black, then white, then to the time, which many people notice. And the screen is so high contrast that many people think it's a sticker on the watchface until they see the time change :lol:

Well here it is, both in black digit and negative white digit mode (I switch between them alot.. I like both types.)

pigeon2

: My Phosphor E-ink watch

Post22 Jul 2010, 22:33

well its diverant for sure :eek:

AlmightyTallest

Wizard

Wizard

Post22 Jul 2010, 23:19

Hehe, thanks!

I tend to go for different when it comes to my watches. :-D

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post22 Jul 2010, 23:40

Thanks for the nice pictures! Always good to see REAL pictures and not just photoshopped ones or even CAD renderings...
I'm very tempted to buy one - but it has 12h display only. They design a new watch with revolutionary display technology and simply ignore that at least half of the potential customers are used to 24h display. That's the only reason why I haven't bought one already months ago...

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post23 Jul 2010, 00:34

Niiiiicceee.... how much do they go for?

AlmightyTallest

Wizard

Wizard

Post23 Jul 2010, 14:38

I got mine for $109 USD including shipping.

You can find them on Ebay and other places to look for the lowest price. I just did a Google search for "Phosphor E-ink watch lowest price."

You have a good point rewolf, a lot of people are looking for a decent 24hr display watch using new technology. I did come across this site with an newer version of the Phosphor E-ink watch here.

http://www.watchismo.com/phosphor-world-time-watch.aspx

It says it's for world time, but I don't see anything indicating that it will do 24hr time display, and it's slimmer than the version I got.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post23 Jul 2010, 14:43

Great! I find the new version looks a lot better than the old one. Maybe I'd even buy it with 12h only ;-)

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post23 Jul 2010, 19:14

You have a good point rewolf, a lot of people are looking for a decent 24hr display watch using new technology. I did come across this site with an newer version of the Phosphor E-ink watch here.

http://www.watchismo.com/phosphor-world-time-watch.aspx

Wow! That is a skinny-minnie! And I like what they did with the SS band, very nice.

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions