It is currently 12 May 2024, 03:12

Just in!

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

70's_gal

Geek

Geek

Just in!

Post26 May 2012, 05:04

From Ed at retroleds. A fine example of a Pulsar 5408-2:

And on leather:

Two transactions with Ed now, both have been excellent. Thanks, Ed.

~Sherry.
Too many watches, not enough wrists... ;-)

abem

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Just in!

Post26 May 2012, 22:01

Sherry,

Great watch! I like the 5408-2 with the simpler style lugs. This was my very first Pulsar and it's still one of my all time favorites. It's a very comfortable, wearable watch with great simple, understated styling, I think. Mine has a sapphire crystal, which I like. This Pulsar Dress model tends to be a bit underrated, in my opinion. The styling is a bit out of sync with today's fashions, but I think it's great.

My mom wears a Dress 5408-1 (with the other style of lugs) 90% of the time even though she has a half dozen other Pulsars and roughly a bazillion Swatches that she could wear.

Thanks for the photo of the 5408 on a leather band - is that an original Pulsar leather band? I was thinking of getting a leather one from Greg Ratcliff to complement the comfortable mesh bracelet.

-abe.

70's_gal

Geek

Geek

Post26 May 2012, 23:46

abem wrote:Sherry, Thanks for the photo of the 5408 on a leather band - is that an original Pulsar leather band? -abe.

Not a Pulsar strap, just a Kings brand from my strap drawer. I think this watch would look better with a darker brown leather strap; I'll have to root around in the strap drawer and see if I can find one. Or buy one, which would be more fitting for a watch in this fine a condition.

I agree: this is a great design. Simple and elegant. Not sure why it took me so long to get one, but I'm thrilled with it.

~Sherry.
Too many watches, not enough wrists... ;-)

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Post27 May 2012, 11:15

I had one from Ed about a year ago with the mesh strap and absolutely love it - it is worn regulary and is one of my favourites. I think a darker brown strap may be better also.

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions