It is currently 11 May 2024, 10:40

Another Casiotron family member wellcomed; the 03-501

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

elceedee

Wizard

Wizard

Another Casiotron family member wellcomed; the 03-501

Post11 Jan 2013, 14:18

My small Casiotron family gave a warm wellcome to a new member this week, a chunky lady with the inspiring name 03-501.

I suited the watch with a same aged Casio bracelet, originally part of a R11. I think its a great match.

Looking for information or pictures i end up with our beloved DWL, there is not much info on this model online, so i guess its a little rare. DWL doesnt give an age, but my guess is that this watch was born in 1977.

On the other hand, im not really surprised of its rarity because its design is not really amazing, with its a-symetrical pusher alignment... ;-)

The watch isnt fitted with a NEC movement, this one proudly carries a very early Casio movement. Setting the watch is easy, it has two set-pushers on its left side; on sets time and date, the other one sets seconds to 0.

And, last but not least, it has light!

I really like this big heavy and very chunky Casiotron, it hasnt left the wrist sofar this week;

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Another Casiotron family member wellcomed; the 03-501

Post11 Jan 2013, 17:38

a nice one..these casiotrons are all well made...massive. Somethimes i wear one myself to...a keeper..nice catch
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

elceedee

Wizard

Wizard

Post11 Jan 2013, 21:16

Actually, i think these early Casio's outclass the Seiko's considering precise timing. This casio was set a week ago and doesnt skip a second since..
I have a few early high quality Seiko's (0634, 0624, 0138 etc), they run pretty accurate compared with the other Seiko movements i own, but not as accurate as the Casiotrons ive owned sofar.

The casiotron S-14 is still on my wish list ..

A picture of the movement i made when i was assembling it back together;

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post11 Jan 2013, 22:32

nice shot...this is one of mine..came in with a perfect case but a fed up module..so i made a new one with another module.

Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

elceedee

Wizard

Wizard

Post11 Jan 2013, 23:02

Also a great Casiotron, makes me think of the S-14

Excelent restauration job also

But those very small pushers... what were they thinking!

elceedee

Wizard

Wizard

Post25 Jul 2013, 20:22

Hi Casper

Recently I came across this Casiotron S-11:

Unfortunately it has no crystal, case back, locking ring and bracelet. Looking at your picture above.. Can you help me out with some parts to at least complete the case? (I have a X-1S bracelet which isn't original but would make a nice fit).

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions