It is currently 14 May 2024, 18:37

Newest Bulova - setting problems?

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

Plato

Geek

Geek

Newest Bulova - setting problems?

Post14 Jul 2013, 13:46

This is a great watch I just got... though I paid far too much for it - ebay fever :-(

I have a problem in that I just cant set the damn thing - can anyone advise who has one, or do you have a set of instructions please? I am wondering if the module is faulty as it seems to have reset itself twice - the time "jumped" out of sync. Or maybe I am not setting it correctly. The seller sent some instructions as follows:

"Get a ballpoint or something pointed that won't scratch and depress the inverted button. Each time you do that it should take you through hours, minutes, day etc. You simply press the usual button to increase the numbers". that doesn't work for me. When I insert a pen it changes the hours. When I reinsert it and press the button at 3 oclock it resets to 0 or goes to seconds or some other random event.

Shame if I have to return this to the seller, its beautiful to my eyes.

J

Phasar66

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Newest Bulova - setting problems?

Post14 Jul 2013, 18:03

Assuming it has the original dot display module, setting is as fallows: Pushing crown all the way to see seconds and 8 o'clock pusher at the same time will reset seconds, hrs and date. Push the 8 o'clock pusher alone to set hrs. to set minutes push the crown to show time then push the 8 O'clock pusher , that will set minutes. to set date pull crown to show date then press the 8 o'clock pusher to set date.

Plato

Geek

Geek

Re: Newest Bulova - setting problems?

Post15 Jul 2013, 17:38

Thanks for the quick reply, that worked :-)
it's on my wrist again today, love this old piece of technology.
j

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions