It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:26

Chunky LED madness

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

Phasar66

Wizard

Wizard

Chunky LED madness

Post13 Sep 2013, 03:57

I had run across a few of this early Compuchrons before but all were trashed. the sunburst finish on this model specially being so big is prone to scratches and wear.
A friend gave this one last week that all it saw was one pair of batteries on its entire life then put away. the batteries had leaked and the Crystal was brittle and crack from age.
After an ultrasonic bath and a new module and crystal, Look at me now, big and chunky goodness. :mega:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Chunky LED madness

Post17 Sep 2013, 07:31

The sunburst finish is one of my favourite styling. Thanks for posting these pictures! How´s the case quality or the general quality of that watch?

Phasar66

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Chunky LED madness

Post18 Sep 2013, 03:30

On this watch the Sunburst does the trick, is such a simple design that with out it it will have no appeal at all. The case quality is very good with thick plating and nice SS case-back with battery hatches that was the norm on almost all later Compuchrons. It was follow by some even nicer ones all SS and mineral glass screen with baked logo of about the same size in the early 70s . Later in the mid 70s their watches got king of mid size Everything got even better when they adopted the Sanyo module and went to a bigger size, this are my favorites. At the end They went even to a smaller size and that was it for the LED era :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions