It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:07

some new arrivals with work from 1976

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

Kasper

Guru

Guru

some new arrivals with work from 1976

Post22 Dec 2013, 15:20

Citizen Crystron 50-1077 from 1976

Casio 20-QR10 with stopwatch 1976

Casiotron 03-510 14kt goldplated 1976

need some work + new polarizer

have fun
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

elceedee

Wizard

Wizard

Re: some new arrivals with work from 1976

Post22 Dec 2013, 23:45

Beautifull cathes Kasper!

I love the early Crystron alarm watches with their simple yet sophisticated appearances

I used to never wear gold, but recently I came across some golden nuggets and am wearing them these days, although I still prefer stainless on my white wrist. Gold most definitely goes better (if not perfect) on a dark or tinted skin colour.. So I guess I save my gold for the summertime :)

That 03-510 is a beauty too, I hope youll find a replacement panel, as the printing is on the filter. Im still looking very hard for transparent (white) and thin filter sheets.. You could just lay one over the existing panel... but unfortunately still no luck.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post23 Dec 2013, 16:40

Hmmm the printing is on the panel...i didn't know that. Its just recently that i keep a better eye open for casiotrons..till i saw yours :-D
I have to find a way to peel it of without breaking or...it.

As for gold...today it's all casual...like casual wear, being casual and not wearing a tie when you are a politian, being casual like Steve jobs..wearing 20 years the same pants...etc.....
well f*ck casual...i don't want to be casual..i want to be special, different etc...call me an old fashion guy but gold for me is the new casual :-D
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

- Kasper -

abem

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post23 Dec 2013, 19:20

Kaper,

That's a very astute observation about the casual/formal association with silver verses gold.

I lived in the valley / bay area for a time and there were strict "rules" about style and yes, it was all about showing style while attempting to be casual and understated about it. You definitely didn't want to walk into a meeting with a suit or a gold watch. However, fancy jeans, sport coat, no watch, but latest greatest phone == ok.

-abe.

elceedee

Wizard

Wizard

Post23 Dec 2013, 20:02

I have this one coming in from Hong Kong, since 27-11 ....

Its supposed to be my first golden Casiotron, however, curious when it will arrive

I wouldnt start on peeling of the filter with the printings, better try laying a good filter on top of it -without the glue-? (Never actually tried that, but I assume it would work fine?)
This, if a donor screen isn't available

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post24 Dec 2013, 00:48

good price for that one...gold tone? lets hope it just needs a good cleaning :-D

- Kasper -

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions