It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:15

Seiko M516, A965 and Bradley radio watch.

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

cte

Techie

Techie

Seiko M516, A965 and Bradley radio watch.

Post14 Jan 2015, 23:14

I haven't purchased any watches for a few years. Over the past month or so though I purchased these:

Bradley radio watch. Similar, but not exactly the same to the one used in the knight rider 80's tv show. The module in this one is different (a bit different read out position + layout). I got this NOS for £15, in the box with the headphes etc. I plan on getting some "comlink" stickers printed so it looks like the one in the show (it has a rough cut black sticker on in the pics)

The first of my A965's. These both have clear screen protectors over the crystals. This one is my daily wearer. Decent condition except for the front button wear:

The second one is in very nice condition all round:

"Who ya gunna call..." My M516 it seems. ;) In lovely condition. The record and playback feature works terribly, but that's the case with all of them. I stuck a protective clear sticker over the crystal, which is noticeable in the pics. I am going to make a better one soon...

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Seiko M516, A965 and Bradley radio watch.

Post15 Jan 2015, 11:47

niceeeee...these are 3 rare watches.

you can record 4 and 8 seconds with the last one....how many time can you do it...just one time like a recording for a christmas card or?
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

cte

Techie

Techie

Post15 Jan 2015, 17:37

Yes, just one recording for each of the two modes. I think the memory it records onto is only 16k, hence the terrible playback quality lol. Here is a demonstration video (not my vid) on YouTube:

The carbon fibre body makes the watch quite light and comfortable (considering its size). The main down side is changing the batteries. Very fiddly. Took me 20 mins to change the first time lol. I could not get the rubber gasket seal to sit around the case properly either. I get three corners on and then the last one would always make another corner pop out of position. Anyone have any tips for fitting them?

cte

Techie

Techie

Post30 Jan 2015, 22:30

A few more pictures of the M516. Since the last pics, I have cut and applied a better fitting screen protector to the crystal. I cut 10 thin black strips of vinyl sticker and wrapped them around each of the five links, either side of the clasp, to protect against scratching the paint. I also gave the watch a bit of a clean. Love this watch. :grin1:

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions