It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:23

Edox (phantom) swiss lcd watch Nos 1979

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Edox (phantom) swiss lcd watch Nos 1979

Post05 Feb 2015, 21:55

Ruefli-Flury used the ancient Greek word Edox as a trademark, and designed the "1900" hourglass to serve as a visual symbol for the company's brand. Robert Kaufman-Hug took over the company when Ruefli-Flury died in 1921. He led the company's transition from pocket watches to become the first wristwatch-exclusive watch maker.

By 1955 the company employed 500 people and moved to a new factory. The Delfin line of watches launched in 1961, with industry-first double case backs for high standards of shock protection, water resistance, and ruggedness. The Hydrosub line was launched in 1963 featuring the first crown system with tension ring allowing waterproofness of 500 meters. In 1965 Victor Flury-Liechti took over the company from his uncle, and invested in new manufacturing technologies. This led to the 1970 Geoscope timepiece, the first watch covering all time-zones. In 1973, the third-generation Delfin was released. It used elements from to the Gerald Genta-designed Audemars Piguet Royal Oak.

With the rise of Japaneses watches and the Quartz Crisis in the 1970s, the company became an affiliate of the General Watch Company, a sub-holding company of ASUAG. As part of the move, Technos and Certina was transferred to the Biel/Bienne Edox location. At the end of the downturn in the Swiss watch industry in 1983, Edox re-gained independence when the company was sold to Victor Strambini Montres Vista SA and moved to Les Geneveys, Jura Mountains. It has since remained a family-owned company. The Edox Les Bémonts Ultra Slim was released in 1998. With a movement thickness of 1.4mm, it still holds the record for the slimmest calendar watch.

The Delfin line was restarted in 2013 with a new model based on the 1973 edition. In 2014, the company celebrated their 130th anniversary by releasing updated, limited-edition versions of their Geoscope, Les Bémonts, and Hydrosub timepieces.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eureka...after so many years collecting these, i finally have a working one. These modules are so fragile.

3 bulova's phantom and one Arten. Only one Bulova partially working

But Now to my big suprice..i have a nos one and i discovered it also has a chrono. Never knew this before.

Enjoy the pictures :-D Sorry for the small hair on the pictures..didn't noticed it when taken them, just blow to your screen to get rid of it :-D

:dwf:
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Edox (phantom) swiss lcd watch Nos 1979

Post06 Feb 2015, 01:11

WOW !! What a find, congrats

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post06 Feb 2015, 20:44

Beautiful! I can imagine you'll have a great weekend :)

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post07 Feb 2015, 21:48

still wondering if the others also have a chrono? She is standing in front of me...i like to look at it for a while before i put her in my watchcabinet :-D
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

- Kasper -

abem

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post08 Oct 2015, 02:36

Kasper,

I just saw this posting (haven't been online much lately). Wow. Sensational. Congrats on finally finding a working one - a real beauty! I think I like the TV shape even better than the usual square models. Also, the slightly wider case also makes it appear even thinner. Just lovely.

-abe.

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post08 Oct 2015, 17:34

I wonder if they're all using the same module ??

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post13 Oct 2015, 15:48

i think so...all my 4 watches has the same module.

- Kasper -

simone

Guru

Guru

Post14 Oct 2015, 13:08

:O`~ :O`~ :O`~ :O`~ :O`~

A beauty!!!
Some watches are made to last only as long as they are fashionable
Some watches, simply are not made to last
Seiko watches are designed to withstand the ravages of both time and fashion
Someday perhaps, all watches will be made this way

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post20 Oct 2015, 01:53

Kasper, you lucky dog.
That is an awesome watch.
So envious. Well done and enjoy.
;-) :Prost: ;-)
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions