It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:49

Seiko A964-4A00 (black wristtalk)

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

cte

Techie

Techie

Seiko A964-4A00 (black wristtalk)

Post21 Mar 2015, 23:10

I bought this in fairly dirty shape. I cleaned it up to sell on, but I have since fallen in love with it and will probably keep it. The Seiko talking watches are a favourite of mine. I love the silver version in particular... Now I love the all black version too. :grin1:

This one is the Japanese/English speaking version. The English female voice is different to my other (English/Spanish) versions. It is clearly a different person they have recorded. Also, the clarity of the play back is not as good on this version, but it is just as loud. There is quite a big kink in the bracelet, but it can be popped back straight easily and is barely noticeable when worn.

Before:

And after:

Adam

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Seiko A964-4A00 (black wristtalk)

Post22 Mar 2015, 21:00

Cte

Great clean up and fantastic photos, you'll need to give me some tips for the library, I never get shots as good as that. I like the use of the black wrist 'c' whatever they are called.

ADam
http://www.digital-watch.com - online database of 2000+ watches, manuals and adverts from the 70s-90s
http://www.vintagelcd.com - Vintage Digital Watches for sale

cte

Techie

Techie

Re: Seiko A964-4A00 (black wristtalk)

Post23 Mar 2015, 11:50

Thanks mate. :-D

I am still experimenting with pictures. I don't find it that easy to be honest. Sometimes they look nice, other times they look drab and boring.

My method: I use my phone camera with a sheet of white paper as the background. I try and take around 10 shots from the same angle (all slightly different) and then pick the best one for that angle. I took over a hundred shots of this watch and and at the end I selected the ones you see above. Once the pictures are chosen I crop and possibly colour correct in an app before posting. That's it really. :-)

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions