It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:09

NOS Spacesonic Chrono - Like something from another World :)

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

NOS Spacesonic Chrono - Like something from another World :)

Post09 Sep 2016, 20:30

Hi,

I was really glad when I saw Adam presenting us his amazing finding and also concluding his (probably very long) quest for the "Zodiac Holy Grail" :)
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=8300

Now, I am very glad to announce You that finally, one of my personal quests as a small watch collector (and a quest which I doubt for some moments in the past that may ever be accomplished), is somehow fulfilled: to put together in the same room the two of the rarest Catena's Spaceman/Spacesonic designs, as in the the Catena Spacesonic Advertising Photo from 1977 that may be seen below, in the final photo!

And that was possible thanks to an extraordinary person from Australia (btw many thanks again David!) - who delivered me a mint condition/ NOS Catena Spacesonic Swiss Chronograph, that can be seen - as my latest acquisition - (finally) on my hand in the photo below:
spacesonic_chrono1..JPG

And a photo of this 1977 watch with the "Darth Vader's Helmet" design http://www.newdwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=8079 :), TOGETHER in the same place with my other - different "helmet" shaped - Catena SpaCesonic Chrono, BOTH of them designed by Andre Le Marquand in 1977 and presented in the 1977 Catena's Advertising and in the Pieter Doensen's book - "WATCH. History of the modern wrist watch.": http://doensen.home.xs4all.nl/fotos/c16b.jpg

2_spacesonic_chronos_t.jpg

Regards,
:dwf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Every watch should have its own story...consequently, a watch collector has to be a good storyteller :)

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: NOS Spacesonic Chrono - Like something from another Worl

Post11 Sep 2016, 10:26

wow..supernice watch and congrats getting it in your superb collection. It's indeed a very special one.

now you have to find the others in the picture M:)W:)M

Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Re: NOS Spacesonic Chrono - Like something from another Worl

Post12 Sep 2016, 10:19

Kasper wrote:wow..supernice watch and congrats getting it in your superb collection. It's indeed a very special one.

now you have to find the others in the picture M:)W:)M

Thanks for the reply, Kasper.
Would You like to bet a beer that I have also the others? :Prost: :-D

But they're mechanical/automatic watches, so I thought they are of no interest on a forum focused mostly on digital watches...

Every watch should have its own story...consequently, a watch collector has to be a good storyteller :)

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions