It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 09:42

Acquisitions-Since nobody have tried to "revive" this thread

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Acquisitions-Since nobody have tried to "revive" this thread

Post29 Nov 2016, 00:15

I cannot believe that nobody have posted here since more than three weeks :-(
Thus, I will post here some of my newest acquisitions from the last months (not reviewed here yet!). From the top to bottom:
1. Casio BP 100, one of the first in the 1991 Year - also one of the first Japanese made BP (Blood Pressure) monitors, with Japanese writings for systolic/diastolic blood pressure on dial - this is one of my most favorite watches, from pure scientifically viewpoint! - I have already some of them from various periods of time (1991-1994) ! :)) - the bracelet is not genuine, but I have some more such watches in their original state, including bracelet, but only 2 from the early 1991 edition! :-)
2. Another of my Casio "LED" series (this is a Casio LED 10 )
3. Andre Le Marquand Geneve Swiss Quartz (cca 1981-1984), 20 microns 18K GF, to my beautiful wife from the designer of my beloved CATENA SPACEMAN watches :eek:
4. WOW, another of my (simple) quests completed ;) - one of the rarest functional CASIO TC 500 Calculator, the first watch with touchscreen in history (1983) - the bracelet is Casio but not the original one (which I have, but it is with some defects!) :grin1:
5. A like-new and genuine CITIZEN PROMASTER wood case from the late 80's-early90' (for my beloved vintage CITIZEN diver) + a vintage mahogany Bulova box for my Accutrons of the 70's :))
newdwf_acquisitions.jpg

Looking for some comments (either positive or negative) just to revive the thread,
Best Regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Every watch should have its own story...consequently, a watch collector has to be a good storyteller :)

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Acquisitions-Since nobody have tried to "revive" this th

Post30 Nov 2016, 21:20

Very nice! Especially the casio calculator :)
The blood pressure monitor is cool to, do you have some pics of the Japanese symbols on the watch?

I recently revived this Seiko 0634, it was pronounced dead and I was able to clean the corroded circuit with vinegar and vigorous brushing with the old tooth brush :) (and rinsing with warm water, then petrol, then left to dry for some time)

Pic of the circuit by the previous owner.

(sorry for the big pic, but you can see how filthy it looks now :grin1: )

After the rinsing, brushing etc.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post04 Dec 2016, 15:27

we do our best to keep them all entertained here but it's easier to look then to active participate. Thats the problem when the quality of the board is soooooooo high and so much is all ready posted :grin1:

Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

btw i didn't know that this one was the first with a touchscreen. thx

Keep Posting my friend :dwf:
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Post07 Dec 2016, 20:16

Hi,
Thank You both for Your kind replies.
@Dutchsiberia: Excellent restoration project and exceptional skills! I cannot believe that such a damaged module has been restored and became functional. Btw, I will post some photos of the Japanese inscriptions on my early 1991 Casio BP 100 made for Japanese domestic market ASAP.
@Kasper: Thank You for encouraging us all to contribute more to this high quality (indeed!) forum.

And now a photo of another rare Casio Calculator Watch: Casio CA 601G (module 481) ; G = the rare GOLDEN Case + golden bracelet version of the first 10 DIGIT calculator watch in history (1984) - Casio CA 601!
One can see it in the 1984 Casio Catalogue (bottom of the page) on Adam's excellent website:
http://www.digital-watch.com/casio_84_g ... _full/619/
As one may see also in the above catalogue, the CA-601G version has also an unusual for Casio and also eye-pleasing brown-yellow LCD, while the regular 10 DIGIT CA 601 has a common "gray" LCD:
casio_ca602g_n.jpg

Best regards,
:dwf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Every watch should have its own story...consequently, a watch collector has to be a good storyteller :)

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post09 Dec 2016, 18:57

very cool that it "advertises" it's 10 digits!
What is the condition of the GP case? usually not very good with well used japanese watches.

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Post09 Dec 2016, 20:41

Yes, You're right...usually the Casio ''"golden" case and bracelet may be quite easily worn-out, especially if ones use them as their regular daily watch. But as one may see in the below photo, even if it has its share of small scratches and dings :grin1: , this case and its bracelet look quit OK. It is yet more difficult to take photos to catch the golden tones correctly, without to much reflections :-) :
casio_601g_case.jpg

And as I promised, You may see in the below photo the Japanese inscriptions (+ SYS and DIA) for SYSTOLIC/DIASTOLIC blood pressure on early Casio BP 100 made in 1991 for Japanese domestic market, versus a regular BP 100 that may have ONLY the English words there:
casio_jpn_dial_1991_comparison.jpg

Regards,

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Post21 Feb 2017, 16:16

Kasper wrote:btw i didn't know that this one was the first with a touchscreen. thx

You're welcome, Kasper :-)
From the Doensen's book - WATCH. History of the modern wrist watch: "The Casio 'Touch Sensor' (Caliber TC-500) becomes the first watch in the world with transparent touch switches incorporated in the watch glass. If the watch is used as a calculator, the numbers and signs (+,-,x,:) on the watch-crystal are to be touched by finger. The results of the calculations appear on the same LC-display."
Also, I have somewhere a (Casio?) catalogue image saved, where the same claim was made, this time from Casio: " the first watch in the world with transparent touch screen". But I have to find that file on may backup storage in order to present it here :(.
Regards,

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions