It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 16:05

Old Synchronar Review Back from the Dead

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

your_man_in_Hamburg

Techie

Techie

Old Synchronar Review Back from the Dead

Post04 Jun 2018, 20:52

Hi all,

I wrote a review of the Synchronar 2100 back in 2003, and Guy Ball was kind enough to publish it on his website http://www.ledwatches.net. Unfortunately, his excellent site ceased to exist some years ago, so the original review is no longer there.

Since I have the impression my review attracted its fair share of attention, since I did put quite some effort into writing it, and since I happen to have a copy, I thought it would be a good idea to publish it again.

It can now be found in the form of a posting in my Synchonar repair blog:
https://anachronar.wordpress.com/2018/0 ... nd-a-half/

Enjoy!

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Old Synchronar Review Back from the Dead

Post06 Jun 2018, 17:22

I really enjoyed your (re-published) Synchronar review from 2003.
Thanks. :Prost:
Every watch should have its own story...consequently, a watch collector has to be a good storyteller :)

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post07 Jun 2018, 02:48

I too liked the review. Honest and to the point on the quality and construction of the synchronar. I have a 2100 that was one of the last ones Howard built. I think Mick has one too. The stopwatch feature is not there on mine. Howard didn’t have any more functioning boards at that time. It’s not really that useful anyway. The rest of it is fine. I wear my mkII more than that one however. I bought it new in 1975. Have changed the cells twice but it sat not running for quite a few years. I have nimh cells in it. The last set went for 8 years. I have enough parts to build several more but don’t have the steel tops or lexan housings. Maybe someday. Peter

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post09 Jun 2018, 01:50

Yes - still got mine along with another two Sychronars.....not worn it (or checked to see If it still works) for ages, I really should give it some wrist time. :-D

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions