It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:34

Never ending word association. Strictly for fun!!

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

: Never ending word association.

Post05 Aug 2008, 00:38

CEREMONY

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post06 Aug 2008, 03:01

MARRIAGE
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post06 Aug 2008, 09:14

Carraige

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post06 Aug 2008, 16:10

Under

Diginut

Techie

Techie

Re: : Never ending word association.

Post07 Aug 2008, 11:32

retroleds wrote:
Klippie wrote:shadow

... despite the crap economy, fuel prices and all that.

You guys in the states reckon you're suffering with $4 a gallon ... here in the UK they are equivalent of nearly $12 a gallon !!! 70% of this is various taxes, and we buy gas with money left over after paying loads of other income related taxes.

... and my main car does 15 mpg. Which means I currently pay about $11,000 a year to 'commute' to work, albeit in a car which is extreme fun to drive :-)

So yeah, we have a really crap economy, run by a bunch of incompetant retards who wear sharp suits but are in fact communists in disguise, who spend vast amounts of money on spin trying to bleet on about how things will be great again one day, just before they get booted from office, or burnt to death in a revolution.

I love britain. not.
Last edited by Diginut on 07 Aug 2008, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post07 Aug 2008, 14:13

bucko170 wrote:Under
PRESSURE

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post07 Aug 2008, 16:37

Diginut wrote:You guys in the states reckon you're suffering with $4 a gallon ... here in the UK they are equivalent of nearly $12 a gallon !!! 70% of this is various taxes, and we buy gas with money left over after paying loads of other income related taxes.

... and my main car does 15 mpg. Which means I currently pay about $11,000 a year to 'commute' to work, albeit in a car which is extreme fun to drive :-)
I love britain. not.

Well, hard to compare...we have a graduated tax vs. your flat tax, so I(for example) pay roughtly 28% to the federal gov., 6% to the State gov., 10% business tax on all sales, Social (In)Security of 5%(self employed rate). From what I understand, our road are crap compared to most in Europe(more damage to vehicles) and our great expanses of open, undeveloped land tends to result in longer commutes to get to many things. Myself, I have to drive 9km to nearest Post Office, 10km to nearest gas station, 18-20km to nerest real grocery store. I would admit tho, many would find living in a quiet area of farmland on about 1.5 hec/3.5 acre with a view that goes on for almost 50km in one direction, idyllic....the people scare me more than the animals out here. :x

I love my country, it's the pricks running it I can't stand. :lol:
Different country, same old stuff. :x
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post07 Aug 2008, 16:40

from Pressure to..
BURST

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post07 Aug 2008, 23:06

TYRE (as in bicycle). Or is that TIRE?

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Post08 Aug 2008, 01:01

Talking about fuel prices I just got myself another bike to commute to my new job in Edinburgh as my No1 bike does 40mpg at 70mph which is crap by any standards No2 bike does 70mpg at the same speed its saving me a fortune I don’t know why more people don't convert to two wheels as it cuts congestion and is brilliant fun to boot, but riding down the Edinburgh by-pass in the pissing rain with water running down the crack in your arse is no fun, by the way what happened to global warming I’am still waiting… :-(

TREAD

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post08 Aug 2008, 03:37

GROOVY

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post08 Aug 2008, 06:07

FEELIN ............ (groovy)

Simon & Garfunkel now I am embarrassed :oops:

I have a 1982 Suzuki GS850G, which I think fits in nicely with the retro theme and if I am contributing to saving the planet at the same time all the better.
Trouble is I only life 2.5 miles from work, so to do justice to putting on the leathers, boots and helmet I go for a 20 mile blast before I get to work which kinda defeats the object as far as saving the planet is concerned :lol:

Regards Mick

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post08 Aug 2008, 16:06

bucko170 wrote:FEELIN..

UP 8-)

Shame on you Mick, wasting petrol. I'm telling Al Gore - expect your Internet connection to be shut off!! :lol:

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post08 Aug 2008, 20:26

I have a 1982 Suzuki GS850G

Cool Mick. I'm riding a 1985 Honda Magna - my commute to work round trip is 'only' about 22 miles - but the mileage beats the heck out of the mileage I get for my car - a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Keep on riding! 8-)

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Post09 Aug 2008, 21:27

YOURS

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post10 Aug 2008, 05:40

TRUELY

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post10 Aug 2008, 21:45

SCRUMPTIOUS

I thought I had hit rock bottom with 'Simon & Garfunkel' - but No :!: I have to follow it up with a reference to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang :oops: :oops: :oops:

LEDluvr wrote
Cool Mick. I'm riding a 1985 Honda Magna

I wasn't familiar with that particular bike so I checked it out .......very cool 8-)

Similar(ish) in looks to the Suzuki GS (IMHO)

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post11 Aug 2008, 01:57

BOOTY

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Post11 Aug 2008, 13:12

TREASURE

Diginut

Techie

Techie

Post11 Aug 2008, 13:32

retroleds wrote:
Diginut wrote:You guys in the states reckon you're suffering with $4 a gallon ... here in the UK they are equivalent of nearly $12 a gallon !!! 70% of this is various taxes, and we buy gas with money left over after paying loads of other income related taxes.

I love britain. not.

Well, hard to compare...we have a graduated tax vs. your flat tax, so I(for example) pay roughtly 28% to the federal gov., 6% to the State gov., 10% business tax on all sales, Social (In)Security of 5%(self employed rate). From what I understand, our road are crap compared to most in Europe(more damage to vehicles) and our great expanses of open, undeveloped land tends to result in longer commutes to get to many things. Myself, I have to drive 9km to nearest Post Office, 10km to nearest gas station, 18-20km to nerest real grocery store. I would admit tho, many would find living in a quiet area of farmland on about 1.5 hec/3.5 acre with a view that goes on for almost 50km in one direction, idyllic....the people scare me more than the animals out here. :x

I love my country, it's the pricks running it I can't stand. :lol:
Different country, same old stuff. :x

Don’t get me started on tax - we're taxed on taxes here, my overall rate is approximately 65% of my gross income. Its 'kin ridiculous. And do we get anything back ? No ! Because the uk is rapidly becoming a form of new age democratic communism that taxes the proletariat to fund its own massive burgeoning administration…. arrrghhhh.

Anyway, I agree its hard to compare like for like, but here's some similar location based figs. I have to commute 19 miles each way across very rough country roads. This is good fun with 500bhp but only on the bits without pot holes or speed cameras in the middle of nowhere. My nearest post office is about 5 miles, nearest petrol station is also about 5 miles, conveniently next to the bank and a few other small shops. Nearest big shopping area is about 12 miles. Luckily the country side is nice and the little village has an excellent pub that also does decent food. But being out in the Styx means frequent power cuts when it gets to windy, and the bins being emptied every two weeks and the local communist council tries to get us to be more environmentally aware with regards to packaging etc when what they really mean is they've run out of funds to collect our rubbish. They encourage, sorry, force us to use a waste 'recycling' centre 8 miles away, but I use a gallon of gas getting there and back, which is hardly environmentally friendly is it ?! Our glorious govt recently invented extortionate taxes on old cars, in a pathetic attempt to force us to buy some modern eco-wagon piece of crap where as its surely far far better to just run an old car rather than spend huge sums on a depreciating asset that’s got 25% tax built into the cost that only benefits the govt !

anyway, isn't this thread about digital watches ? !!!

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post11 Aug 2008, 15:28

TROVE (i.e. legalised theft by the state of something that would otherwise have remained underground and lost to humanity without the efforts of amatuers.)

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post11 Aug 2008, 20:56

Diginut wrote:.... But being out in the Styx means frequent power cuts when it gets to windy, and the bins being emptied every two weeks and the local communist council tries to get us to be more environmentally aware with regards to packaging etc when what they really mean is they've run out of funds to collect our rubbish. [large block deleted here :-) ]
anyway, isn't this thread about digital watches ? !!!

Yeah, we have the same power problems(I live on the highest point of land for several miles in any direction), so we have a whole house generator and another portable. Recycling - they will take a plastic milk carton, but not a styrofoam egg carton :!: And they ask the residents in these "Styx"(nicely but regularly) to not run any outside lights after 10 pm and have motion activated security lights set to run no longer than 1 minute, to preserve the country atmosphere. I actually kind of like that, we can see hundreds of stars without the background light. 8-)
:x on the 2 week garbage collection, and heaven forbid you miss the collection day!!

Actually, this thread is the "Never ending word association" :-P - since it is in the General Discussion area I hope the interaction is more valuable than the content....reminds us that we are flesh & blood people, not just names on a screen. Awwww, that's sweet! :roll: 8-) :-D
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion