It is currently 14 May 2024, 18:57

Braun by Ventura ready for pre-order

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

Huertecilla

Wizard

Wizard

Braun by Ventura ready for pre-order

Post04 Aug 2011, 16:03

´Design oder nicht sein´

rewolf

Guru

Guru

: Braun by Ventura ready for pre-order

Post04 Aug 2011, 18:44

At 400GBP it's going to be the chepest Ventura :-)
Feature-list anywhere?

But:
What's an "Energy saving motion detector" good for? Other watches can run for many years on a battery with LCD constantly on. Even the "old" Ventura vtec models can. I wouldn't want an LCD watch that switches its display off because sometimes I take off my watch for comfort and use it as a "table clock".

"Updatable software" - oh well, to fix bugs in a basic function watch. Buy watch now, software will be delivered later. But maybe they added a phone, MP3 playback, etc. That would also explain the need for an energy saving mode. :mrgreen:

And, honestly: as much as I like Braun design: this one is not my cup of tea. Looks disproportioned IMO, too much empty space around the little display.

Huertecilla

Wizard

Wizard

Re: : Braun by Ventura ready for pre-order

Post04 Aug 2011, 19:23

rewolf wrote:What's an "Energy saving motion detector" good for?

It is an in vogue selling point.

"Updatable software" -

Ditto.

And, honestly: as much as I like Braun design: this one is not my cup of tea. Looks disproportioned IMO, too much empty space around the little display.

I neither like nor dislike it.

I do think you get an awfully good display and - cool technology for the money as it is like you observe a véry economic Ventura; EasySkrol 2.0 and all.
It is only a whiff more than a Junghans Futura.
[/quote]
´Design oder nicht sein´

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Braun by Ventura ready for pre-order

Post26 Feb 2012, 12:21

The owners manual for the new BN10 is available for down load at Braun.The power save function is very neat,if the watch remains inactive for more that two mins it shuts off the display to save power,instantly returning once its moved. You can of course disable this function. It look fantastic,those rubber bands and clasp look to be exactly like the ventura ones.Although its not hardend steel like the Venturas the pvd coated models should remain newer looking longer.Ispoke to Junghans recently regarding this,and they say that the pvd coating "fills in pores" on the steel surface and makes it more durable.they have had 10 year old pvd megas back that still look like new.
I will be reviewing the Braun BN10 PVD on rubber strap , Junghans Mega 1000 PVD/rubber strap , and Futura PVD on calfskin strap in the next couple of months. :-D

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Re: Braun by Ventura ready for pre-order

Post26 Feb 2012, 16:38

Return to General Discussion