It is currently 11 May 2024, 15:29

Being cheap makes me happy!

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

DrLaser

Banned

Being cheap makes me happy!

Post29 Nov 2011, 23:30

Let me explain myself .
I have bought several watches from ebay now .Because i just started collecting .I don't want to commit too much money ,i am affraid to pay too much .But to my surprise i have bought 4 or five watches under $30 and they are great pieces . I bought an early Hamilton LCD GF ..The battery was complicated to find .I went to Radio shack ,Got one for $5 .And remove a bit of plastic on the watch and bingo it did work great.
I also got an early seiko lcd 0439-5007 . The seller said it could not set the time . I cleanned with alcohol(90%) the side button .Now works great !
I'm wearing it as we speak !.
The best purchase i have made so far for $27 it is a SS Wittnauer Polara like the one Ed sells here
http://www.retroleds.com/Items/WA337.htm

All are great watches to wear every day and very well built.
So call me cheap ,but i think i have been lucky ! :-P

So i will keep on "prospecting" for more gold on ebay .I will let you know what else i find .

DrLaser

Banned

: Being cheap makes me happy!

Post06 Dec 2011, 22:53

Ahhh .Cheap is the way to go ,!
I just bought a nice (with box and docs) .A nice Optel LED .watch for less than $30 .. Like the one here :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAGE-UL ... 3cbf32044d

I' am saving so much money that pretty soon i will be able to afford .
Uranus calculators and Benrus pop ups .At the top of my list ..

I am not agaist spending good earn money in "masterpieces" .But i will also like to have a nice watch collection .If i can spot a nice deal i know now that they exist

Regard to you all watch botherhood

Return to General Discussion