It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:17

OMG I'm in love

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Re: OMG I'm in love

Post21 Feb 2013, 22:25

I've got 10-15 lbs. on you(all muscle, of course ) - I'll consider it. Nah, I'd get a muscle car if I was getting a toy. A sports car in the USA is like waving a flag emblazened "give me a ticket you frickin cop!" Maybe if we had something like the Autoban....what the point when are highest speed limit is 70 mph? Back in the day we would go out on rural stretch of the interstate and take our chances putting the pedal to the metal for a few miles running. Best time was when we took a buddy's Dad's virtually brand new Electra 225(1976) and did that. My friend wrapped it around a tree a few days later(wasn't with him) - apparently they were all getting high and drunk and his last words to his girlfriend were "take the wheel".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry to hear that Ed. :sad:
-----------------------------------
I wouldn't call the XJ a sports car.. More a muscle car/limo

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=xj+su ... 40&bih=775

And over here if the cops are gonna turn a blind eye it's more likely to happen to a Jag driver aged 50 or over :scratch:

Ooooooo That's meeeee :grin1:
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post21 Feb 2013, 22:33

Just looked at that Jag - not as much as I feared. 470 hp with 19 or 20" wheels! I guess that WOULD be some fun to burn-out with.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post21 Feb 2013, 22:42

Ed could you please buy a Mach I ? Saw that car in the 1971 James Bond and liked it from the beginning, especially the motor sound (and Tiffany at the gas station). BTW I love american mid century architecture. More than LED watches, cars or anything else and there are a lot of these buildings in exactly this movie. When I visited Dennis Klein in 2012 he had to show me a special hotel in his city which was exactly built in the way I liked it. Thank you for that!

Your cars once had these typical american designs and as said the motor sound is awsome especially during acceleration. The thing is that I would never buy one here in Europe because these cars just do not fit here. Can´t say why, but as said I believe it´s the same for vintage european cars in the States.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post21 Feb 2013, 23:47

Hanno - I know why our cars don't fit in Europe, they are just too damn big! And with our historically lower gas prices, there was no restraint to make them smaller. In 1978 I bought a 1969 Electra 225, which had the largest motor GM ever put in a production automobile, 472 cu. in. About 5-6 MPG(miles per gallon). Weighed a hair under 6,000 lbs. But if you stood on the pedal you could leave a a good hundred yards/meters of rubber. Poor tires -trapped under all that weight with all that horsepower. http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6104/6369 ... a05b_z.jpg

Even though that Jag has impressive numbers on the 0-60, some of the electric hybrids can do about as good. Possibly better. I think that is the ultimate power source right now - virtually the same horsepower across it's entire RPM range.

I'm curious what type of architecture you are thinking of. My mother is from Germany and when my cousins visit they seem to find the buildings very interesting - just like we find European architecture. All my uncle wanted to do was go hear "real" American country music. :~# At least there was alcohol involved with that. :Prost:

Mach 1 Mustang - a sweet car. That would be a great choice. If you've never watched the Steve McQueen movie "Bullitt", here is the famous car chase. Listen to those babies roar! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lbs_nYW3-o Wooh!
Kicks off at 2:08

You should try to come to the USA to see the Dream Cruise in August.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.
Previous

Return to General Discussion