It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:26

OMG I'm in love

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

jagmad

Guru

Guru

OMG I'm in love

Post03 Feb 2013, 03:05

So it's official.. I am utterly and totally besotted. And it's NOT a watch or a member of the fairer sex.
So Guys here it is .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yusaHnKzb88

:O`~ :O`~ :O`~ :O`~ :O`~ :O`~ :O`~ :O`~ :O`~ :O`~ :O`~ :-(
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Re: OMG I'm in love

Post03 Feb 2013, 21:43

Phew what a car - if only I had £800,000 to spare :-D

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post04 Feb 2013, 18:19

Ade51 wrote:Phew what a car - if only I had £800,000 to spare :-D

Yeah I know me too. So till I do I'll have to make do with this... ;-) >>>>>>>>SHE IS :twisted:
XKR-1cut.jpg

XKR-1cut.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jagmad on 04 Dec 2014, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post04 Feb 2013, 19:00

I thought the clue was in the name 'Jagmad' ;-)

Nice motor, she looks a beast 8-) and she also looks as if it has had many hours of polishing. ;-) ~:(

I won't bother uploading a photo of my Yaris :lol:

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post04 Feb 2013, 23:51

[quote="bucko170"]I thought the clue was in the name 'Jagmad' ;-)

More than a clue I have THREE :oops:

Nice motor, she looks a beast 8-) and she also looks as if it has had many hours of polishing. ;-) ~:(

Yep SHE is a BEAST

I call her Brian..... After the snail on magic roundabout cos it's a hermaphrodite!!
Female on the outside and very male under the bonnet... (fizzy pic below)
0-60 4.5 seconds and it goes off the clock (I think) ~:( "good save pierre"
Party trick is spinning rears in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the dry :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tyres are not cheap though. D.S.C. very essential in the wet/damp
Bought it as a keep it 6 months toy ;-) 4 years ago ,ooooops
and then my mrs said I couldn't sell HIM/HER
AND THAT'S WHY I LOVE MY MRS
XKR-ENGcut.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jagmad on 04 Dec 2014, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post05 Feb 2013, 17:56

At the end of last november I sold my first car which I bought in 1997 to a couple in the UK. They took the plane to Germany twice. One time to get an overview and the 2nd time to pick the car up. You seem to have nice women there in the UK (was a looker, too ) as they appearantly are ready for anything (or all are car - nuts which I doubt). She asked if we had given her (the car) a name. I was astonished in that a car seems to be feminine in the UK (or generally every english speaking nation? I don´t know). So my car changed its sex just at the border in that cars are usually masculine in my country.

@bucko: Want a picture of your Yaris. I believe it´s a good rational car, so there´s nothing wrong with it.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post05 Feb 2013, 22:14

^ was it a VW by any chance?

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post06 Feb 2013, 09:49

Yes, a VW Golf I from 1976.

Cesar

Wizard

Wizard

Post12 Feb 2013, 23:26

OMG another Jaguar lover. :grin1:

I have had mine for a few years now and i love it.
I did find a youtube film a "carspotter" made when taken for a ride in it with the previous owner.
So now i can take you all for a drive in her. (yes it's a she) :-D
Love the sound of that supercharger kicking in every time.

Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pTIkBsjm9Y

Here are my other 2 Jaguars a 1975 XJ4.2C (6,487 made) and 1978 Daimler Double Six Coupé (407 made)
And how few still survive?

And for when i want the top down....
American Chrysler LeBaron 2.5 Turbo

Of course i am member of a Classic Car club and we go to events showing our cars to the public.
Driving through the dutch countryside and visiting other beautiful villages and places.
Here a picture with some nice examples of other members cars.

Cars and watches it's an addiction i tell you! :bang:
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
The reason i collect watches is because it feels like i'm buying time.

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post13 Feb 2013, 22:15

Nice Jags Dude :mega:
I had one similar to the maroon one. It was my first ever, a 1978 series 2 LWB, Red inside and out (very unusual)
4.2 Manual with over drive special with sports suspension.
Didn't find out until I let her go :no:
I love em. Much classier than a beemer ;-) IMHO

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post20 Feb 2013, 22:10

Great looking cars but I'm at the other end of the spectrum after years of driving family man vehicles that look like crap (I've raised 7 children total). I opted for a Caddy Deville - missus gets pissed at me I can sleep just fine on the leather and the heated seat is great for the back. :lol:
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Cesar

Wizard

Wizard

Post20 Feb 2013, 23:13

I agree, heated leather seats...great invention!
And i never thought i'd say that because i always felt it was silly but now...i love it.
Especially in wintertime nice warm and snug....like women but without the blablabla..nag nag.. :secret:
M:)W:)M
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post21 Feb 2013, 00:26

Cesar wrote:I agree, heated leather seats...great invention!
And i never thought i'd say that because i always felt it was silly but now...i love it.
Especially in wintertime nice warm and snug....like women but without the blablabla..nag nag.. :secret:
M:)W:)M

Man I think you need some lessons in love (Level 42)
If your Mrs or sex is a pain in the backside./ (ARSE)
Your clearly doing it/something wrong.................... M:)W:)M

Me I think I've reached a point in my life where I feel the need
The need for speed ;-)

Either that or :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Yeah I'm having a mid life crisis :no:
Last edited by jagmad on 21 Feb 2013, 00:32, edited 1 time in total.

Cesar

Wizard

Wizard

Post21 Feb 2013, 00:31

Actually, my back is fine...it's the ears...did i mention it has a great sound system aswell... :ironie:

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post21 Feb 2013, 00:33

Cesar wrote:Actually, my back is fine...it's the ears...did i mention it has a great sound system aswell... :ironie:

Which one?

Cesar

Wizard

Wizard

Post21 Feb 2013, 00:44

Alpine...sounds very nice.
I'm not that demanding but it's crisp and crystal clear...and stays like that even when you open up the volume.
It's the standard unit no changes made not by me anyway i'm not that demanding.

Cesar

Wizard

Wizard

Post21 Feb 2013, 00:51

jagmad wrote:Which one?
:scratch:

Yes the Mrs. has a sound system nearly as good. !@@!

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post21 Feb 2013, 01:08

Cesar wrote:

No which car :roll:

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post21 Feb 2013, 05:27

jagmad wrote:Man I think you need some lessons in love (Level 42)
If your Mrs or sex is a pain in the backside./ (ARSE)
Your clearly doing it/something wrong.................... M:)W:)M

Me I think I've reached a point in my life where I feel the need
The need for speed ;-)
Women are like the Higgs-Boson particle - impossible to control outside a lab. But I think a sore back is sign of a good hard ride. Like BRitney Spear sang, "hit me baby one more time!"

I went through the speed thing decades ago - I grew up 30 miles north of Detroit so I've been enjoying muscle cars in some fashion all my life. No offense intended but I would feel effeminate in a sports car. It's a cultural thing. If you're curious, here's something I wrote for an online mag about 10 years ago...some great pictures, taken by me. :-D
http://www.generator21.net/g21archive/amdream34.html "Dream Cruise down Automation Alley"

The Dream Cruise is allegedly the largest gathering in the world of classic cars. Automation Alley is a commercial zone dedicated to the auto industry.

But seriously, the Jags are pretty sweet - not sure how a guy my size fits into one though.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Cesar

Wizard

Wizard

Post21 Feb 2013, 09:56

jagmad wrote:
Cesar wrote:

No which car :roll:

I like to keep things all original as much as i can so the 1975 Jag has a stereo cassette player of the 70's i beleive a starvox...
The daimler has not got an original stereo alas.
The S-type R has the Alpine System, probably your XK R also has an Alpine system?

@ Retroleds,

Great i love reading those articals as soon as i get home from work i will go and read it. :rtfm:

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post21 Feb 2013, 21:44

Hi Ed.......Nice article :mega:
(But seriously, the Jags are pretty sweet - not sure how a guy my size fits into one though.)

Just get the XJ LWB Super V8 (same power plant as mine) and you' should fit in fine.
I'm 6' 2" 210 lbs Long in the leg and I just fit snug in the XKR.
Uncomfortable if I was any bigger(length or girth)
Loads of room in the XJR cos the pedals move too. :-D

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post21 Feb 2013, 22:07

jagmad wrote:Hi Ed.......Nice article :mega:
(But seriously, the Jags are pretty sweet - not sure how a guy my size fits into one though.)

Just get the XJ LWB Super V8 (same power plant as mine) and you' should fit in fine.
I'm 6' 2" 210 lbs Long in the leg and I just fit snug in the XKR.
Uncomfortable if I was any bigger(length or girth)
Loads of room in the XJR cos the pedals move too. :-D
I've got 10-15 lbs. on you(all muscle, of course :grin1: ) - I'll consider it. Nah, I'd get a muscle car if I was getting a toy. A sports car in the USA is like waving a flag emblazened "give me a ticket you frickin cop!" Maybe if we had something like the Autoban....what the point when are highest speed limit is 70 mph? Back in the day we would go out on rural stretch of the interstate and take our chances putting the pedal to the metal for a few miles running. Best time was when we took a buddy's Dad's virtually brand new Electra 225(1976) and did that. My friend wrapped it around a tree a few days later(wasn't with him) - apparently they were all getting high and drunk and his last words to his girlfriend were "take the wheel". :cry:
Next

Return to General Discussion