It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:41

UGLY WATCHES ????????

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

jagmad

Guru

Guru

UGLY WATCHES ????????

Post05 Feb 2013, 18:51

Don't get me started :eek:
Beauty is in the eye of...............

http://www.goodwatchguide.com/some-of-t ... ever-made/

What you think??
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: UGLY WATCHES ????????

Post05 Feb 2013, 19:04

I think that the guy who did this guide is one of the most boring persons ever.

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post05 Feb 2013, 19:32

SASM wrote:I think that the guy who did this guide is one of the most boring persons ever.

Yeah. I agree.. I wonder if he ask's people to post pictures of their Yaris.. M:)W:)M

NO sorry Dude just kidding !@@!

Ok how about Votes for your best and worst EVERYONE ?

Me I'm still undecided :?: Will make my mind up soon though
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post05 Feb 2013, 19:57

I would give my left nut (or the right one) for his number 1 choice :-?

abem

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post05 Feb 2013, 20:18

Well, I'd have to agree with most of his choices, but... the Longines Comet! Heresy! How can you not love the Comet? That one incongruous choice nixed his credibility in the aesthetics department.

-abe.

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post05 Feb 2013, 20:52

abem wrote:Well, I'd have to agree with most of his choices, but... the Longines Comet! Heresy! How can you not love the Comet? That one incongruous choice nixed his credibility in the aesthetics department.

-abe.

I'm with you on the Comet and Richard on PATEK PHILIPP (although I may just run when the scalpel got close)
So not quite that far Rich. ~:(
Although there are some real mingers in there, 4 and 5 (being the worst) :~# I think they are for the people from VENUS.
And that could probably explain much...
I fail to see how he could include our two and even the Tokyo Flash. There are much worse looking watches out there.
And I bet he may even have a couple in his collection

Noticed one of the links leads to here http://www.smashinglists.com/30-amazing ... ve-to-own/

Put me down for a No. 13 and 29 Please.... Hey Benrus could we make these the prizes for the next watch build comp ;-)

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post05 Feb 2013, 21:33

No13 the concept, yes please! but the reality, meh.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post06 Feb 2013, 00:17

jagmad wrote:
SASM wrote:I think that the guy who did this guide is one of the most boring persons ever.

Yeah. I agree.. I wonder if he ask's people to post pictures of their Yaris.. M:)W:)M

Hey leave my Yaris alone!

I was nice about your Jag and didn't even ask what you were compensating for - and you have three!......needle dick M:)W:)M ;-)

Whoever composed the list is a tit, I would only agree with a couple of his choices (4 and 5) and he should be flogged for including the Longines Comet in the list, I figure he must drive a Jag (my turn to only be kidding ~:( ) :lol:

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post06 Feb 2013, 13:24

bucko170 wrote:
jagmad wrote:

Hey leave my Yaris alone!

I was nice about your Jag and didn't even ask what you were compensating for - and you have three!......needle dick M:)W:)M ;-)

Whoever composed the list is a tit, I would only agree with a couple of his choices (4 and 5) and he should be flogged for including the Longines Comet in the list, I figure he must drive a Jag (my turn to only be kidding ~:( ) :lol:

Slow up there I wasn't avin a pop at your car dude!! I was pokin fun at someone wanting you to post a pic of it. ;-)

Wow your touchy about your car what's the problem man? Does it represent your short stubby under powered dick M:)W:)M ;-)

And now look what you've gone and done ??? My Mrs is very offended :roll:
She would like to know what's she has wrong with her and what she's compensating for, (apart from me) :roll: as she drives a
Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi M:)W:)M
Carefull you don't wanna offend my Mrs !@@! ;-)

No I don't think he drives a Jag to compensate for his lack of taste or anything else he's short of..
I bet he has a very large watch collection though BOOM M:)W:)M ;-)

Ps. All the above is just for fun so this don't get out of hand or misinterpreted

PPs. How could you not be nice about Brian.......... She is just Beautifull Isn't She???

And there we have it all gone full circle Beauty is in the eye of...............

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post06 Feb 2013, 17:18

M:)W:)M

No worries, my comments were made in humour - yours have been taken the same way ;-)

After your 'short stubby under powered dick' comment it is a good job I decided to buy the Toyota Yaris and not the Toyota iQ :lol: I might 'man up' next time I swap cars and go for a V8 Land cruiser :lol:

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post06 Feb 2013, 18:07

Yeah I know I hope Hanna feels the same ~:(
V8 land cruiser eh :?: Perhaps the Mrs might let you have a blast in the jeep before you commit 8-)
Next time we come to DTD to play poker. If you like.
I was surprised how well it drives and handles, I prefer it to the Rangie and our daughter prefers
it to their BMW X 5 4.0.. And the newest shape one is awsome IMHO
Pete

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post06 Feb 2013, 18:20

jagmad wrote:Yeah I know I hope Hanna feels the same ~:(

...to make a few things clear: I am not Hanna nor Hannah Montana nor Hanni & Nanni!

But since your daughter drives a X5 and as long as I am still allowed to push the pedal through the bottom plate (and you not) I am fine with my new name. M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M :ironie:

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post06 Feb 2013, 19:03

SASM wrote:
jagmad wrote:Yeah I know I hope Hanna feels the same ~:(

...to make a few things clear: I am not Hanna nor Hannah Montana nor Hanni & Nanni!

But since your daughter drives a X5 and as long as I am still allowed to push the pedal through the bottom plate (and you not) I am fine with my new name. M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M

Sarry :oops: Dan't knaw haw I gat thot wrang. Guess it's old age.

I'll just call you Boring Mr Golf The image below is to get you in the mood for pushing the pedal through the bottom plate (what ever that means) M:)W:)M maybe it's :secret:
So I'm not sure if I want to :lol:

Veryboringgreenyarismmmmmm.JPG

:amen: M:)W:)M
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post06 Feb 2013, 19:15

Nice Yaris, however with steering wheel on the wrong side :) BTW the Golf is in your country now and it was a nice one!

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post06 Feb 2013, 19:50

[quote="SASM"]Image
Oh you mean pedal to the metal not through the metal.
Not in the jag in this weather dude. maybe in your Nice Yaris or Golf that
wouldn't even pull the skin off a rise pudding. Let alone stir the loins of a virgin M:)W:)M

Nice Yaris, however with steering wheel on the wrong side :)

NICE NICE :eek: The colour is putrid :~# :~# :~# M:)W:)M
Also how can anyone say that it is correct to drive on the righthand side of the road.
The reason why we drive on the left (as far as I know) is because...
In days of old when knights were bold,and women weren't invent..... no sorry that's just a rhyme :lol:
Swords men were mainly right handed so they kept to the left for fighting on horseback. NOT :secret:
And saw no reason to change a winning (get it winning) formula.
Anyway Hanno lets :Prost:
I love the yaris really just not in that colour (Bucko please tell me yours is not green) M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post06 Feb 2013, 20:23

jagmad wrote:.......I love the yaris really just not in that colour (Bucko please tell me yours is not green) M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M

No it's pink with eye lashes over the headlights :lol:

I took the family on a Euro tour last year (France, Belgium, Germany, Poland & Holland) and spotted this beast in Belgium...... (my black Yaris (Bessy) is in the background - so you have your photo ;-)

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post06 Feb 2013, 20:27

Great Britain was the earliest industrialised country at least in Europe. You mean your swords men are the reason why more or less every railway in the world go on the same gauge and on the left side?

But back to topic, my Number 1 choice is pictured in the advertising next to his guide. Here´s the advertising:

@richard_uk: You probably make a good investment.

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post06 Feb 2013, 20:46

bucko170 wrote:
jagmad wrote:.......I love the yaris really just not in that colour (Bucko please tell me yours is not green) M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M

No it's pink with eye lashes over the headlights :lol:

M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M

The Mrs still hasn't stopped laughing/wetting her-self :lol:

I took the family on a Euro tour last year (France, Belgium, Germany, Poland & Holland) and spotted this beast in Belgium...... (my black Yaris (Bessy) is in the background - so you have your photo ;-)

My God what did they do to our humble reliant Robin :ironie:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Great Britain was the earliest industrialised country at least in Europe. You mean your swords men are the reason why more or less every railway in the world go on the same gauge and on the left side?

Don't know about the railways for all i know you could well be right :ironie:

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post06 Feb 2013, 20:54

But back to topic, my Number 1 choice is pictured in the advertising next to his guide. Here´s the advertising:

@richard_uk: You probably make a good investment.[/quote]

Bit to big/bling for me and deffo to PINK. Are you sure your not Hannah Montana M:)W:)M M:)W:)M ;-)
Bucko maybe you would like one to go with the PINK Yaris M:)W:)M

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post06 Feb 2013, 21:10

@jagmad: Aren´t we talking about ugly watches? I mean you started this discussion.

@bucko: Thanks for posting your Yaris. It was high time :-D

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post06 Feb 2013, 21:24

SASM wrote:@jagmad: Aren´t we talking about ugly watches? I mean you started this discussion.

@bucko: Thanks for posting your Yaris. It was high time :-D

Sorry Hanno I thought for a moment you meant you liked it.
And that would explain the Hannah reference M:)W:)M ;-) and again ;-) just in case ;-) you didn't see the first one :Prost:

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post06 Feb 2013, 21:54

Just to explain my reason for starting this post... and it started like this

Don't get me started :eek:
Beauty is in the eye of...............

The reason for using the surprised face was because I've found that the view of friends/family and the people I meet when I'm out
about the watches I wear is either :eek: that's awesome or :eek: that's awful with very little middle ground.
And I'm talking about the LEDs inc P2 Bulovas etc.
That's why I put in (Beauty is in the eye of...............) Ugly/pretty is a personal thing. When someone puts one of my
watches down it's usually on that basis.
Then I point out to them the quality/tech and age and they generally start to see it in a different light.

One mans meat :O`~ is another's poison. :~#
Not that what other's think bothers me I love em that's good enough.
I just stumbled upon the list and thought Hmmmmm :Hi:

The rest is just shits and giggles :nikolaus: and I like em so let's have more :Prost: :Prost: :Prost:
If I was being serious i wouldn't have started in this section.

Next

Return to General Discussion