It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 08:31

Worst ebay experiences

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Worst ebay experiences

Post16 Dec 2013, 10:35

I felt that we need a thread like this. So let me get started ranting...

- I sold a watch with a pretty short band. In the auction text i felt i should mention that because I am always honest. So I wrote "The band is a bit short, I am an adult male and it doesn't fit me". Buyer uses "buy it now", gets the watch and immediately messages me "I wanna return it, the band is too short". :bang: Actually i took it back. Guess i have a heart for dutch people. (Where did Higgie go???)

- Sold a Pulsar Ladies watch, NOS. Really good pictures and listed it as "Ladies" in the correct Category in ebay Germany. So AFTER using buy it now the buyer is like "Errrr is it working? Can you send pictures with the display on?" So i got some batteries, took pictures and send these to him. Then i send him the watch. AFTER it is shipped he messaged me like "Is this a Ladies watch???" and i was like "Errrrr yes?" and he wanted to return it accusing me of scamming and stuff. In this case i did not accept the return because so much stupidity needs a punishment... :bang:

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Worst ebay experiences

Post16 Dec 2013, 23:31

Last month the following happened. I sold a working Omega TC2 for a little above 420€ through ebay.de. Part of my auction text was: "Achtung: Die Uhr ist getragen und verfügt dementsprechend über Gebrauchsspuren!". I mean even if you don´t speak german you know what "Achtung" means. Buyer (not from Germany) never tried to get in contact, left a negative with the following text: "Lots of ware in the bracelet pictures are little deceiving!" Thanks, that´s exactly what I´ve written in my auction text and for this reason the Omega sold for more or less little money.
As usual I took extra large pictures so that everybody could see it. The ebay feedback system definately lacks the feedback for the buyer.

:amen:

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post17 Dec 2013, 01:59

If you speak to eBay about that there's a good chance they will remove the neg, I've had several negatives removed over the years.

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post17 Dec 2013, 09:38

Yeah I can't understand how people can buy something from foreign websites and not even try to translate the description and then AFTERWARDS start complaining. I think my favorite was that British gentleman who bought the Ladies Pulsar seriously believing "If it does not state WARNING LADIES WATCH in bold red letters and english language then it MUST be a mens watch" and my pictures were really good, i photographed the tiny watch in my fairly big hands, so it was clearly visible how small it is. But yeah ebay also doesn't help much. They translate "Gebraucht" correctly as "used" but they don't translate "Damen" to "Ladies"... I guess he thought "Damen" means like "watch for da men" or so... The world would prolly be better if there was only ebay.com and everything listed in English.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post17 Dec 2013, 19:00

I have not really had a massively bad experience on eBay, maybe I have just been lucky, I have come across some dodgy dealers but I have always managed to get a refund through eBay or Paypal when the situation has demanded that action be taken.

The worst I have had is some guy in Germany trying to sell me a ladies watch as a gents :grin1: I think he thought I was daft telling me Da-Men was a ladies and Her-ren was a gents, really! The clues obviously in the spelling, he will have to try harder to pull the wool over my eyes! :scratch: :fool:

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post17 Dec 2013, 23:25

M:)W:)M :fool: :fool: :fool:

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post18 Dec 2013, 13:30

Not watch related but also among my worst experiences. SO i bought a Toshiba Qosmio F750 laptop which (in theory) is pretty cool since it features a "glasses free 3D" display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLdBP1_qzqY

Well well, first bad thing is that the seller charged a whooping 95 Pounds sterling for shipping to Germany which is BY FAR the highest i ever paid. Well i really wanted this laptop badly since my wife only allows a laptop in the living room !@@!

After it arrived - ya guess what - the 3D feature was not working. Tried Factory reset and spent hours browsing the internet, but the 3D feature was simply dead on this machine. So I messaged the seller and complained and he got back to me like "Errrr it doesn't have glasses-free 3D, i only used it with 3D glasses". I nearly exploded and sent him a link to the Toshiba Tv spot and he just replied "Ah you should have asked before you bought it, I sold it as a 3D Laptop, noit as a glasses-free 3D laptop". So in the end paypal had to bring back my money...

quietman

Techie

Techie

Post19 Dec 2013, 05:11

I had some American POS send me a SNAD for a missing springbar on a £150 watch. The listing photos showed the springbar fitted to the inside of the clasp and I know for a fact that it was still there when I shipped it - Ebay being Ebay I had to chose between partial refund or return. I would have had to pay a hefty fee to reimport it if returned. And seeing as the guy was a lying piece of scum I probably would've only got an empty box back anyway. So I paid him his partial refund. And now I no longer ship outside of the EU.

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post19 Dec 2013, 10:17

Ah well I have had most bad experiences with customers from Europe. The Guy who bought the Ladies watch thinking it was a men's watch was from the UK. The 3D laptop where 3D didn't work was also from the UK. The watch with a short bracelet that didn't fit the buyer was from the netherlands.

Actually one of the worst customers was a German who bought a HP-01, he returned it because "the box smelled like cigarette smoke". Now that is SIGNIFICANTLY not as described i guess. For my defense - i couldn't smell the smoke. And i also didn't claim like "Box smells like roses".

Return to General Discussion