It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:48

Sometimes I hate Ebay

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

Phasar66

Wizard

Wizard

Sometimes I hate Ebay

Post19 Mar 2014, 05:13

I hate it when You can not leave neg of neutral feedback to non paying bidders. this guy got a good deal but decided
just to ignore my emails. the only thing I could leave for Him was a tracking number. Hope He get it soon.
!@@!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: Sometimes I hate Ebay

Post19 Mar 2014, 07:25

At least you found a way to vent your anger at him! :grin1:

retrowrist

Wizard

Wizard

Post19 Mar 2014, 08:00

Hi Phasar66,

I understand your issue. I think now there is little seller protection. Also, I would like to see a chat system put into auctions, for discussions on items.

- Patrick

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post21 Mar 2014, 01:59

That will never happen, now the interface must be lean from the user perspective so that the user is not bothering sellers and eBay with stupid questions.
I always find it weird to have the question button at the very end of the listing and it's not very much highlighted.
In the not to distant past you had a Live Chat feature to discuss problems with eBay but nowadays just finding the right link to get their phone numbers is a real pain.
On top of all this the seller fee is up to 10% which is unbelievable considering that economy of scale should rather be pulling prices down and the improvements are hard to notice compared to 10 years back.
If you deal with used vintage stuff then eBay is a monopoly without seller protection and there's not much we can do about it.
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

retrowrist

Wizard

Wizard

Post21 Mar 2014, 07:00

azimuth_pl wrote:That will never happen, now the interface must be lean from the user perspective so that the user is not bothering sellers and eBay with stupid questions.
I always find it weird to have the question button at the very end of the listing and it's not very much highlighted.
In the not to distant past you had a Live Chat feature to discuss problems with eBay but nowadays just finding the right link to get their phone numbers is a real pain.
On top of all this the seller fee is up to 10% which is unbelievable considering that economy of scale should rather be pulling prices down and the improvements are hard to notice compared to 10 years back.
If you deal with used vintage stuff then eBay is a monopoly without seller protection and there's not much we can do about it.

You are probably correct. I would think the seller would be demotivated about selling things today on eBay, from the lack of pure prophet they do not get any longer.

- Patrick

Return to General Discussion