It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:01

Words leading maker?

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Words leading maker?

Post26 Apr 2014, 16:29

High Guys :Hi:
Quick question for you, Who would you say was the worlds leading maker of LCD watches in the 70's. :?:
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Re: Words leading maker?

Post26 Apr 2014, 18:04

Seiko for quality, Casio for price.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post27 Apr 2014, 02:09

I agree with Richard and would award a bonus to Casio for innovation.

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post27 Apr 2014, 04:35

Well apparently we may well be wrong. LOOK
:ha:
Worlds leading maker.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...

Seiko&Casio Lcd's

Wizard

Wizard

Post27 Apr 2014, 15:46

You knew you would post this picture after a few reactions, priceless M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M

Old Tom

Wizard

Wizard

Post27 Apr 2014, 18:21

And actually true! That is in terms of LCD modules produced. That is one of Collins (Hong Kong) many brands of LCD watch and in terms of sheer volume they beat all the others put together. They manufactured modules for many other Companies and while you would be hard pressed to find a watch with Collins name on the case (there are a few, mostly LED though) in you look inside lots of low/medium end LCD watches you find the Collins name (or one of there many other trading names).

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post27 Apr 2014, 19:02

Old Tom wrote:And actually true! That is in terms of LCD modules produced. That is one of Collins (Hong Kong) many brands of LCD watch and in terms of sheer volume they beat all the others put together. They manufactured modules for many other Companies and while you would be hard pressed to find a watch with Collins name on the case (there are a few, mostly LED though) in you look inside lots of low/medium end LCD watches you find the Collins name (or one of there many other trading names).

:Prost: Tom I didn't know that, although I thought that the claim would be true in some way, and at worst spurious.
I guess the word "Leading" is the leading word in question. :ironie:

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post27 Apr 2014, 19:05

Seiko&Casio Lcd's wrote:You knew you would post this picture after a few reactions, priceless M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M

Love it when I make you all smile. :dwf:

Return to General Discussion