It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:28

Did Casio have a ledwatch?

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Did Casio have a ledwatch?

Post19 Oct 2016, 09:05

I was just wondering...did Casio ever brought out a led watch. Seiko did but Casio ?
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Did Casio have a ledwatch?

Post19 Oct 2016, 11:09

Kasper, wasnt the Seiko a back lit lcd ?? I have one here somewhere, cant recall the name, quite small

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post19 Oct 2016, 22:54

There' was a modern remake A159W LED watch, that one says Casio on it but isn't made by Casio.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post19 Oct 2016, 22:56

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Post20 Oct 2016, 21:04

There is no official Casio mention or records of a Casio real "LED module" watch. The one presented above is most probably an aftermarket/franken watch and thus a not genuine one
http://www.watchfreeks.com/109-casio/36 ... -fake.html
Anyway, starting from early 90's Casio had some interesting pieces/not very common line of "led alarm" wrist watches - where the single/twin "led lights" may be used as some sort of "silent alarm" feature - that includes: one led models -Casio Led 10, Casio Led 20; ""twin-led" models - Casio Led 30 , the strange colored Casio SKX-1300 and the rare Casio Overland W 920 - from Seymour Powell Design.
http://forum.pocketcalculatorshow.com/topic/casio-leds
I have 3 out of 5 above mentioned models (led 10, led 30 and W 920) :)
BTW, which is the Seiko LED model You've mentioned above???
I've never heard about a Seiko LED watch... :oops:
Regards,
Every watch should have its own story...consequently, a watch collector has to be a good storyteller :)

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post21 Oct 2016, 21:53

I'm pleased it's fake - it's vile :~#

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Post25 Oct 2016, 17:41

Wow!!!... documenting another ultra rare Casio, I've found some info about these two Casio "TIME COMP" - "COMPUTER QUARTZ" (Yeah, I really love those 2 names! :-D ) LED Casio Digital Clocks + Calculator+StopWatch and Alarm!!! (cca. 1976!) :o
So, Casio may not have produced a Led Watch, but it seems that they certainly have produced some of the most sophisticated LED digital clocks+calculators - - a real High-Tech wonder of mid 70's :grin1:
cq1.jpg

and the later one
cq2-1.jpg

"The stopwatch measures to tenths of a second and runs to a maximum of 10 hours and has a lap timer. There are 4 alarms each with a different signature sound.
The calculator is basic, but the date and time calculation features are nice. Dates can be subtracted to return day differences and also numbers of days can be added or subtracted from a date. ... the date automatically calculates and displays the day of the week. It can handle dates up to 2099!!!"
:o
More info at
http://www.voidware.com/calcs/cq1.htm

Regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Every watch should have its own story...consequently, a watch collector has to be a good storyteller :)

Return to General Discussion