It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:29

Your favorite LED watch

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Your favorite LED watch

Post17 Jun 2004, 23:08

ityrion satyricon bla bla bla.
the first time u enter a forum u could show a little more respect,let people get to know you before going bezerk.
And please come back,we could need a bit of fresh air in here.

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post17 Jun 2004, 23:15

Yeah, I also hope I didn?t scare him.

We welcome everyone here, also "Die hard" Pulsar or other brand fans...

:P

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post17 Jun 2004, 23:18

fronzelneekburm wrote:Yeah, I also hope I didn?t scare him.

We welcome everyone here, also "Die hard" Pulsar or other brand fans...

:P

Well, the name Fronzeneekburm could scare anyone!!!

redled

Techie

Techie

Post25 Jun 2004, 01:00

I think i'm more in line with Fronz's viewpoint, there are so many wonderful, creative designs for us collectors to enjoy. Looking for previously unknown ( at least to us) designs makes the hobby always interesting. But I also believe that Pulsars have nearly unsurpassed quality and also do not lack in creativity of design, plus the fact that they were the first should put them close to every collectors heart.

And I DO NOT agree that TI and cheap LED's killed Pulsar; It was simply the technology moved on. In a sense, any digital watch of today ARE what the Pulsars have become...technology has evolved.

Also, if I was asked to pick my favorite LED watch from my collection, it would not necessarily be the most expensive or even the best built, but rather the most innovative, creative design. Of course some amount of quality has to be there, but that goes without saying I think. BTW I think I would say my fav would be the side-view types, I really like the one that pops up to display the time, I don't even know who makes it (er made it) - anyone?

Steve

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post25 Jun 2004, 10:05

redled>heres a pic of the Benrus pop-up,
http://www.ledwatches.net/photo-pages/benrus5.htm

redled

Techie

Techie

Post26 Jun 2004, 02:51

embelton wrote:redled>heres a pic of the Benrus pop-up,
http://www.ledwatches.net/photo-pages/benrus5.htm

Thanks Embleton. :D

Does anyone know how these things go together? I've got parts to make two of them but I don't want to risk breaking something. Also I don't know which batteries they take. Can anyone help me out?

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post26 Jun 2004, 08:41

[quote="redled
Does anyone know how these things go together? I've got parts to make two of them but I don't want to risk breaking something. Also I don't know which batteries they take. Can anyone help me out?[/quote]

The envy,the envy.
I also want a broken pop-up watch :evil:

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post26 Jun 2004, 13:02

And I DO NOT agree that TI and cheap LED's killed Pulsar; It was simply the technology moved on. In a sense, any digital watch of today ARE what the Pulsars have become...technology has evolved.

Absolutely! Pulsar's last watch was 1978, which was when just about all the other LED watches left the market. If anything put Pulsar out of business it was Seiko, with their, then, revolutionary LCD watches. LCD was just unstoppable in the tale end of the 70's.

MJ

Lordpulsar

Techie

Techie

Post28 Jun 2004, 16:43

Hello Guys

No you haven?t scared me away??..

Question for you ? This Ventura V-tec watch ! any of you chaps actually own /owned one of these ? If you have, What is you honest opinion ? Are they a well made watch, easy to use ect and worth getting ?..

I think they are around ?900.00 in the UK ??

Thanks Simon.

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post28 Jun 2004, 17:37

Hey Simon!

Good to have you still around. :)

Some guys here at the forum got the Ventura, Dot Matrix sold his one I think... There have also been critical voices against the setting/handling via the knob...

It?s all in the modern LCD watch forum, look for the ventura threads. :lol:

Lordpulsar

Techie

Techie

Post28 Jun 2004, 20:36

Thank you

I'll check out the comments ...

Simon.

Lordpulsar

Techie

Techie

Post29 Jun 2004, 14:22

Hi all

On reading the reports on the Ventura pages (as you kindly suggested) I ordered a V-tec last night... Amazingly it arrived this morning and I am wearing it as we speak ! My first impressions are " Very nice watch " !! It really quite haevy and solid! Also, its bigger than I expected... :D I will post some more detailed thoughts in about 1 weeks time, when I have worn it a bit and played with its functions....

ELY_M

Techie

Techie

Post05 Jul 2004, 13:10

perosnally ventura is just another expenive lcd watch.

I just wont own one :)

casiofanatic

Post18 Dec 2005, 07:59

well I am new here but I have to say the HP-01. Not only is it the only LED i have but at $600 US iwas ripped off as well. haha came into the forum to look for repairs and parts. But still someday it will be my favorite

8) (apropriate) can't spell either

-Casiofanatic
I'll stick to my casios

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post24 Dec 2005, 02:08

Have to chime in here, and say, without doubt, the Pulsar P1 Limited Edition. All other factors aside, this watch still represents the start of the age of digital timekeeping, and for that reason alone, should command it a position of respect and historical significance forever. Had this watch been a commercial failure, it might have been many years before the experiment was attempted again, and we would all have far less to study and collect [indeed, the LED era might never have progressed at all, and been largely bypassed in anticipation of new technology, the LCD]. But it was a success [a grand success, in fact], and so captured the public imagination as to indelibly put the concept of digital timekeeping in the general consiousness. All digital collectors [LED or not] owe the P1 a debt of gratitude for making that possible. It's a very real connection to a very specific moment in history, and I think that's about the best you can do [no matter what you collect].
Previous

Return to General Discussion