It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 09:05

Please write what you like me to improve or what´s currently not working properly.
  • Author

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post25 Jan 2012, 21:43

FINALLY!! i have been able to get a photo to my profile. from the gallery, yes. now if i can just figure out how to use my own imageshack photos. for some reason i have been unable to shrink them down to the permitted size. :-( :oops: peter.
p/s i like the new format, but i also liked the previous header with more than one watch in it. maybe :?: :?:

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: avatar

Post26 Jan 2012, 11:30

I had the same problems! I've got linux on my computer, used GIMP to shrink the file, and used the "advanced settings" in the save file dialog. I unchecked the "save exif data" and, more importantly, "save miniature" I don't know how it is called in the english version, maybe save thumbnail. You're ditching the little preview picture you see in your file explorer when you look at all your pictures. It's not necessary when you have a small picture, it's like saving you picture twice, doubling the size of your avatar. My avatar is now 9,4KB :-D

Caruso

Wizard

Wizard

Re: avatar

Post29 Jan 2012, 22:46

I use the custom Resize option in Windows (Part of Powertoys for XP) to get my pics down to 120x120 for my avatar.
Check out my vintage digital channel on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/danhay1137

Return to New Forum: Problems and Proposals