It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 06:23

Possible Repair Contact?

Upload all your digital watch pictures
  • Author

redvolvo

Possible Repair Contact?

Post07 Oct 2008, 21:52

Hello everyone. Today has been my lowest led point since beginning the journey :-( . I took a gamble on a State side auction & purchased a Gruen advertised; "sold as is". It arrived yesterday & as would be expected, I took it to a local watch service store to be told; yes,the batteries were dud, & no, there was nothing more that could be done by my jeweller. He showed me the white-powder deposits that he said were consistent with leakage & most probably nothing could save my time-piece. I appeal to anyone to prove this man wrong! I've got to be realistic though; it may not be salvagable. I know no more than how to press the button to see the time (but I'm currently working to improve that). Is there a recommended UK based repair shop/enthusiast who would/could be prepared to have a look at this watch? I'm hoping to see this watch working again if possible. My financial fear is I may not be able to send it State side again to have it returned home within my budget. I see (&feel) now the risks of buying without knowing if these watches are functioning as they should. It may just prove to be a costly mistake. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks..........

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

: Possible Repair Contact?

Post08 Oct 2008, 00:59

Red,

I see (&feel) now the risks of buying without knowing if these watches are functioning as they should.

Welcome to the wonderful world of LED watches, please don't flame me for saying this but everyone
has to start somewhere its a steep learning curve that you'll have to suffer I’am afraid you’ll pick it up so just stick at it.
There’s a lot of collectors and people out there who deal in LED watches only for financial gain (not just for the love of those little red digits)
so I wouldn’t hold your breath for offers of help from that direction.

But you’ll always get help on here so please post a few pictures of the inside of your watch to let us see
which type of module is fitted and I’am sure someone will be along to give advice... :-)

By the way where in Scotland are you…

redvolvo

Post08 Oct 2008, 21:02

I'm not as yet able to remove the back as I have no tool for the job. The jeweller had one, but I've still to get the kit. As soon as I have, I'll get my picture on. Which brings me to the next question; how do I post pictures? I'm hoping to get my watches on display & of course, get the Gruen module out there in the hope of help......I'm East Kilbride based, an Auto-electrician of the mobile variety; good line of employment, constantly changing & completely & utterly overloaded with software junk these days ( I say that for many reasons, but I wouldn't wish to bore any readers with my extensive list of reasons!!!!!). Hope to get the Gruen going! Ps, I'm blown away with this forum; "friendly-ness" seems to be the motto on this site :-D ..

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Re: : Possible Repair Contact?

Post09 Oct 2008, 09:44

redvolvo wrote:...Which brings me to the next question; how do I post pictures?....
Here's a guide: http://dwf.nu/viewtopic.php?t=1868

I agree with you about electronics in today's cars. There is NOBODY who can still handle this complexity in case something doesn't work. And most of the "features" are utterly useless. A car needs no electronics but for engine control (and even that should be reduced to the minimum, e.g. NO electronic throttle, please).

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post09 Oct 2008, 15:00

Instructions on how to post pictures can be found here -

http://www.dwf.nu/viewtopic.php?t=1868

Regards Mick.

redvolvo

Post10 Oct 2008, 00:11

Thank you again for the help I've asked for.

Return to NEWDWF User Gallery