It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:30

A "New" P1 surfaces on eBay

• Author

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

A "New" P1 surfaces on eBay

Post09 Jul 2014, 21:49

Item Number 151350273380. Working, looks like decent condition, with reasonable length bracelet (no mention of magnet). Has picked up a bid at US$8900; I imagine this will go for about what the last two realized...in the $10K range. Does not appear on list of known serial numbers, but I'm sure my list is incomplete, and the one person who could presumably fill in the blanks isn't talking. Puts the estimate of 50 existing specimens on slightly firmer ground...

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: A "New" P1 surfaces on eBay

Post11 Jul 2014, 01:09

Listed for $15k as a buy it now and then auction ended early!

Timecollector

Techie

Techie

Post11 Jul 2014, 02:52

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item was lost or broken." :scratch:

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post02 Aug 2014, 04:00

That's a nice "escape hatch" for listers who come down with a bad case of "seller's remorse", or more likely,
find a private buyer off eBay (and thus avoid putting even more money into the pockets of people who are already billionaires. The least possible thing I can imagine is that this watch was actually lost (or, even if it quit working, that would have little effect on the value). But, unless the new owner comes forward, this is another one that will simply drop off the collector radar...a shame. My impression is that somewhere between a fourth and a third of all existing P1s are known only to their owners; why this pointless situation continues to exist is a complete mystery to me...no one is in danger of losing their P1 merely by making the serial number known. If that were true, I would be at more risk than any other collector on the planet (I have yet to lose a moments' sleep over this!).

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton