new watch in my stable

• Author

Brightlightredlight

Geek

Geek

new watch in my stable

Post15 Sep 2014, 02:36

GEDC0270 (2).JPG
:-D Here is a photo of my new Pulsar P3 solid 14k in my collection. I would like to thank Bruce for getting it up and running. Very fast and prompt service. This along with my gf P4 24hr. is among my favorites.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: new watch in my stable

Post16 Sep 2014, 09:43

Always good to see a classic one revive :-D wear it with proud :mega:
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Brightlightredlight

Geek

Geek

Post21 Oct 2014, 00:50

Here is another one in my stable. It is a super clean P4 DOW Classic. It is the Tiffany & Co version. I think mumsie took me shopping with her to Tiffany's. When our chauffeur , Jeeves dropped us off we went straight to the jewelry counter . Mumsie told me to pick out what I liked as a reward for eating all my vegetables the night before. It's always nice to have a story behind everyone of your watches isn't it ? M:)W:)M
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brightlightredlight

Geek

Geek

Post16 Jan 2015, 01:40

[attachment=0]GEDC0352 Here is a photo of another new addition to my Pulsar led watches. This watch has the same gold lettering found on the solid gold watches. Hard to tell in photo but the crystal and lettering is mint. I don't think the watch was worn much. It has the original brushed finish on it and a super bright readout. Nice to find these Pulsars that have not been abused. :-D

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post16 Jan 2015, 09:27

That's King Hussein of Jordan's mark.
Here's another one:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6827&p=44763&hilit=jordan#p44763

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post17 Jan 2015, 01:05

Personally i like the "kings and presidents" watches and for a while i collected them, both led (relatively rare) and analogue (plentiful).Some of the worst excesses i've seen are these genre of watches, they vary from mega bling to hardly noticable. I still have a few - from this awful solid 18ct white gold Gubelin that i've never worn to this more dignified Rolex Oyster thats a regular wearer, awarded by the Saudis (dont know the original owner) for serving in the first Iraqi conflict (desert storm)

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post17 Jan 2015, 10:31

cool, never seen before.

Imagine your (our) picture displaying on a watch all over the world.. hmmm that gives me idea's M:)W:)M First i have to try the selfie hype...thats difficult enough for me :-D
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post17 Jan 2015, 11:49

Gary: Wow, these are interesting and should have a decent value..

Kasper: Next weekend we will issue a NEWDWF watch, you can have the 12 o clock position, I go for the 6. :pimp: :lol: :scratch:

Brightlightredlight: About 3 weeks ago, just before Christmas I had one of these Pulsars for repair, however that was a P2. Interesting, I am wondering how many of them were made.

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post17 Jan 2015, 12:38

hanno, the only other i've seen is this one. I actually spoke to a helpful chap in Gubelin about mine, older than it looks, sure it was late 50s early 60s off memory

Brightlightredlight

Geek

Geek

Post17 Jan 2015, 20:28

SASM, was the p2 you had for repair gold filled ? Wonder if they ever handed out stainless models with the crown on them ? Probably not. I think they are tastefully done. You don't see them everyday for sale. Sort of like having a "Burger King" watch. M:)W:)M

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post17 Jan 2015, 20:36

This was a stainless steel P2. It had the same engraving. But I also had one P2 14 kgf in the past for repair. I am quite sure the customer with the gf P2 was from Jordania. But these watches were the only ones that ever passed my way.

Now I have a gf P2 however without engraving from Kuwait but cannot reach my customer by mail anymore. I am really not sure what I can do except to wait and try it a bit longer.

@Gary: The watch is really "special". I like the hands most :-D

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post04 Feb 2015, 23:48

At one point i thought about starting to collect crazy dictators watches, there are enough watches with the face of Ghadaffi, Hussein and co. But then again they are all pretty ugly people, so i canned that idea. The Pulsar with the King of Jordan Logo engraved is nice though, not as annoying as some smiling face on your watch dial.

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post05 Feb 2015, 00:21

another monstrosity

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post05 Feb 2015, 00:58

Nothing beats a straight gaddafi watch...

Brightlightredlight

Geek

Geek

Post08 Jun 2015, 03:04

Another new watch for me. I bought this from original owner. After a little clean up work and a new crystal I purchased from Luca, I have a very nice 2975 that I can wear. It even has the original early style module in it. Very nice bright display and keeps great time. Luckily original owner had the watch stored for years with batteries out of it. Watch even has the correct stainless case back on it. What a great find.

morrison2951

Post08 Jun 2015, 20:43

Nice find! I wear my Tiffany P2 Astronaut regularly and it will definitely get you noticed! :-D

Brightlightredlight

Geek

Geek

Post09 Jun 2015, 00:37

Thank you, I have a real nice "fronkensteen" P2 that I wear more than others. The P2 is a favorite among Pulsar collectors. :amen:

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton