Hamilton LED watch questions, thanks.

• Author

dornier

Hamilton LED watch questions, thanks.

Post20 Dec 2014, 03:53

Hi everyone,

I received a Hamilton LED watch today and have some questions:

1. Is this a Hamilton QED II?

2. Does anyone have a link to the manual?

3. Does this one require magnets to set the time?

4. How do you take the bracelet links off for sizing?

5. How long do the batteries typically last? Which type batteries do I need to stock up on?

6. Which module do you think it has? It does have the time (1 press), Day Date (2 presses then it displays the Month as a number), Month, and the seconds (3 presses).

7. As you can see in the photos, there's only one dot in between the hour and minute. Am I correct in assuming that it's missing a dot?

Thanks for the help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Re: Hamilton LED watch questions, thanks.

Post20 Dec 2014, 05:54

Yes, this is a Quartz Electronic Digital 2. No setting magnet needed...it is set via a recessed setting button at the 3 o'clock position on the side of the case. Successive pushes switch the watch to various modes; minutes, hours, month, etc. Given the similarity to the Pulsar displays, I would guess a comparable battery life...1 year at 20 readouts a day (takes two 357-size cells). The single dot between the hours and minutes is a uniquely Hamilton trait; nothing is missing. The module is marked HAMILTON 865, so it may be either a true Hamilton-made unit, or is possibly by Frontier. Springpin ends for seperating links are visible at the centers of the edges of the square part of the links. Can't help with the manual, but this isn't a complicated watch; maybe another Member can direct you to a copy.

dornier

Post20 Dec 2014, 07:05

bruce wegmann wrote:Yes, this is a Quartz Electronic Digital 2. No setting magnet needed...it is set via a recessed setting button at the 3 o'clock position on the side of the case. Successive pushes switch the watch to various modes; minutes, hours, month, etc. Given the similarity to the Pulsar displays, I would guess a comparable battery life...1 year at 20 readouts a day (takes two 357-size cells). The single dot between the hours and minutes is a uniquely Hamilton trait; nothing is missing. The module is marked HAMILTON 865, so it may be either a true Hamilton-made unit, or is possibly by Frontier. Springpin ends for seperating links are visible at the centers of the edges of the square part of the links. Can't help with the manual, but this isn't a complicated watch; maybe another Member can direct you to a copy.

Hi Bruce,

Upon looking at the pictures I took of the watch, I just noticed the "spring pin" words on the last picture. By the way, do the batteries need a spacer that I've seen for other LED watches?

Thanks for the quick reply!

George

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post20 Dec 2014, 07:18

No, battery spacers not required; this module was designed to use the 357-size cells.

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton