It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 03:28

The new replacement modules

• Author

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

The new replacement modules

Post01 Mar 2016, 17:16

Since there are now three sources available selling these has anyone experienced them all ?It would be interesting for some of the more technically minded to pass comment on reliability,quality of components ,looks and performance.
Recommendations ?

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Re: The new replacement modules

Post08 Mar 2016, 02:35

I'd like to know this too but everyone seems to be tight-lipped around here lately.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post08 Mar 2016, 10:01

i don't think it has anything to do with tight lipped. First you have to know where to buy them, then you buy the ones shortest to your geographical place. Most real collectors wants to have the module as close to original as possible. That's Hanno's (strikes and spares) thinking as well. Repair as much as possible and/or use parts of other original modules.
I know he has customers from all over the world.

I don't know how the others work..do they build a totally new module or?

I'm satisfied and thats all that matters...never had a problem with one of his modules ...but who am i to tell you this :-D
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post08 Mar 2016, 22:56

I have a few SASM modules and I can vouch for them, I have had them for at least a couple of years and they are still working fine. I didn't chime in as the OP was asking about a comparison between all the replacement modules and I am unable to do this as I have only got the SASM ones.

Timecollector

Techie

Techie

Post09 Mar 2016, 01:59

I can't answer the question as I have not used all three. I have one module at one of the know repair persons location now. He said it would take him a few days to see whats up with the watch. Its been 5 weeks and silence. Not a peep. I've owned one other repairmans module. Crapped out in less then a year. So batting 0 out of two as of today. "LONG LONG lead times" seem to be very common also..... And having good info from numerous notable collectors I have dealt with, I was wondering if there may be a 4th option. The 3 I know of aren't options in my book.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post09 Mar 2016, 02:16

Timecollector wrote:I can't answer the question as I have not used all three. I have one module at one of the know repair persons location now. He said it would take him a few days to see whats up with the watch. Its been 5 weeks and silence. Not a peep. I've owned one other repairmans module. Crapped out in less then a year. So batting 0 out of two as of today. "LONG LONG lead times" seem to be very common also..... And having good info from numerous notable collectors I have dealt with, I was wondering if there may be a 4th option. The 3 I know of aren't options in my book.

Experience has taught me that patience is a key requirement when dealing with module repairs and admittedly it can be frustrating at times, the OP was asking about 'replacement' modules rather than repairs, the SASM module does come with a full years warranty and I have always found Hanno to be honourable and easy to deal with.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post12 Mar 2016, 11:53

While its great to get feed back on these, at the moment no direct sde by side comparison is available.
I think only then can they be compared for reliability quality and functionality ease of used and looks.

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post27 Nov 2016, 17:15

I have two Bulova Driver watches here for some time. I bought them with other watches and as digits already came off the circuit board, I knew these wouldn´t be repairable.

So I decided I could do a new module for them. The new SASM42 is ready now for the two-pusher version. The SASM43 for the one pusher version follows during the next weeks.

Hanno :)

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post27 Nov 2016, 19:51

Beautiful work!

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post04 Dec 2016, 15:10

Super Hanno :-D , i know you can do it but how do you find the time to do it all :-D

:dwf:
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post12 Dec 2016, 20:36

Thank you. Well I am working late in the evening or at night. If you do it every day you can reach quite a lot :)

Update1: The SASM43 for the Bulova 1 pusher Driver is ready.
Update2: The SASM39 for the Bulovas with Mostek-Chip-Module (Pusher at 1 and 3 o clock) is in production and will be ready on 20th of december
Update 3: The SASM21 is my first non-LED module and replaces the Beta21 electronic. Also in production and ready on 20th of december.

I will post a complete list in a couple of minutes about all available replacement modules.

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post12 Dec 2016, 20:54

Hanno,

You genius you! I have an Omega 8192 waiting for your module!

Best regards, Geoff

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post12 Dec 2016, 21:21

Interesting! Do you have a pic of the Sasm21 module? Just a circuit or a complete movement? (a new circuit would be great already of course :) )

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post13 Dec 2016, 12:07

@767Geoff: I am just somebody who prefers to spend my free time on such stuff instead of watching TV or go to soccer matches ~:( :grin1:
I would say that everybody could do Things like that with only enough stubborn will :pimp:

@Dutchsiberia: It´s the electronic part only and at the moment the circuit is on a stripboard. People with a broken watch should be able to afford the repair and if I would have done the complete movement, the whole unit would have been incredible expensive.
My Goal with all replacement modules was to bring lots of vintage and not collectible watches back on the wrist and with a higher Price People would just throw them away instead.
The circuit on the stripboard is perfectly running with round about 2uA (just the circuit, Motor not included) and I already made the software and layout of the circuit board. It´s in production and will be ready in about a week. Sure I will take some Pictures of the first Units as soon as I have them assembeled.

Hanno.

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post14 Dec 2016, 00:27

Making a complete B21 movement would be nearly impossible anyway. I'm happy there will be a new circuit for my Electroquartz if the original one ever decides to quit on me. I suppose you use the regular 32768Hz quartz and not the original 8192Hz version?

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post14 Dec 2016, 12:11

Making a complete B21 movement would be nearly impossible anyway.

Hmm, at least it´s not very economic :grin1:

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton