It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:19

2 logos?

• Author

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

2 logos?

Post18 Feb 2006, 02:12

There have been several watches (date command and P2) on ebay recently with Tiffany or Neiman Marcus time screens and they've all had the Pulsar logo on the case - is this right or is it just crystal swapping?

(I kind of presumed that a blank case would be used like when the Pulsar logo is on the crystal).

Looks a bit much with two logos...

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Re: 2 logos?

Post18 Feb 2006, 03:32

Digi: The Tiffany and Neiman Marcus logoed Pulsar's are generally authentic. Actually, they usually pull a slight premium, especially if they have the Tiffany box. It looks a bit much, but some of the Lady Pulsar Tiffany models are just gorgeous. And Pulsar still wanted their name out there.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post18 Feb 2006, 05:52

I could be wrong but I don't think the Tiffany and Neiman logos should be on a P2 that has the "Pulsar" engraving on the front. Just like the P2's that have the "Pulsar" signing on the crystal don't.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post18 Feb 2006, 07:17

All P2s had the Pulsar name stamped on the case front. About 80% or so of the Date IIs were similarly marked. Roughly one in five had the blank case front with a logoed crystal [how or why this happened is still not known with certainty; but the unmarked case is identical to the one used for the PRM model]. Both Tiffany and Neiman-Marcus variations exist for both those models, and the P3. T and NM logos also exist in both silver and gold lettering, so there are a lot of combinations possible [with two exceptions; all Date IIs and Big Times were stainless, so one with a gold-lettered crystal would be a sure sign the watch was not original]. Examples of Executive, Classic, Ladies Cushion and Oval, and Big Time [rare], also are known. Some of these variations are quite rare and substantially increase the value of the watch. Boxes always enhance the value, no matter what the model [and some are rare indeed; only 5 P1 boxes are accounted for]. Original Tiffany or Neiman-Marcus boxes would be a major plus...
Last edited by bruce wegmann on 19 Feb 2006, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post18 Feb 2006, 12:09

Ok, my bad. I forgot it was the Date II's where some didn't have the stamp. I still don't remember the Tiffany and Neiman logos sharing the Pulsar stamp on the P2's but I'm obviously incorrect.

Did Tiffany & Co & Neiman Marcus have their signing on the same models?

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post18 Feb 2006, 17:22

God do I love the esoteric little things we get to discuss here. I imagine the logo issue is hard to absolutely nail down, since sometimes "things" were done in small batches. I have a Digitime that says Digitime on the back, Jules Jorgenson on the crystal, and the original box and paperwork that shows that they did this as an "exclusive offer". The 70's were a "heady" time......it's all kind of a blur to me too(I'm 47). LOL!
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post19 Feb 2006, 04:19

It is entirely possible that Tiffany carried Pulsar models that Neiman-Marcus didn't, or vice-versa. Or perhaps only a few of some particular model were ever ordered; if all those were lost or destroyed, we would never know they had ever existed [unless, of course, some enterprising collector should locate company records showing they did]. Unfortunately, in this case, due to the nature of information flow in the universe, we can only be certain of those things we actually see; short of that, we can only speculate. At least one model [the P3], is known in both T and NM variations, SS and GF. I am not aware of any other special markings that were available to the public. I have been told that some Time Computer employees had watches with their names on the [specially-made] crystals, but those don't count here.

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton