It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:11

Rare Pulsar Executive?

• Author

Wes Murphy

Rare Pulsar Executive?

Post27 Feb 2006, 05:51

What makes this watch rare? I have one like it so I'd like to know if it really is rare or an Ebay sales come-on.

Code: Select all
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Vintage-Pulsar-LED-Wristwatch-Stainless-Steel_W0QQitemZ8907360585QQcategoryZ31387QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Rare Pulsar Executive?

Post27 Feb 2006, 06:03

I don't know that these are truely rare, the other members will be able to say, but Pulsars are an excellent brand. This particular ebay example, which I beleive is called a Pulsar 'big time', looks in good condition, is solidly constructed, is stainless steel, and has an illuminated 'day of the week' function. All of which are pretty desirable features.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post27 Feb 2006, 13:26

"Rare" is more of a relative term than an absolute one. In dealing with any collectible [stamps, dolls, coins, buttons; doesn't matter what], it's important to remember that there is a "spectrum of rarity"; translation: there are more of some types of that item around than others. Certainly, some models of Pulsars are more abundant than others; for every Limited Edition, there are probably a thousand or two Date Commands out there [but there are less goldfilled than stainless, less 14Ks than goldfilled, way less 18Ks than 14Ks, so, even within a single model, there are variations that create enormous differences in value]. In general, numerical scarcity + collector demand = big money.

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post27 Feb 2006, 13:31

Very few LED watches are truly rare. Some sellers toss this word around for every digital watch they auction. I used to put "rare" in all my auctions, then an LED collector friend of mine set me straight and now I walk the right path. :)

MJ

Lordpulsar

Techie

Techie

Post27 Feb 2006, 13:42

"Rare" is more of a relative term than an absolute one

I would agree here... A bigtime is possibly more scarce than the other models in the P4 range, but I wouldn't call it a rare model ..

Planet-LED

Techie

Techie

Post27 Feb 2006, 15:49

This particular watch appears to have a very small band. That is something that often comes up on ebay. You buy a watch only to find out that the band is too small to ft your wrist. I have learned to ask sellers what size wrist this band will fit.

Wes Murphy

Post27 Feb 2006, 18:08

HDLED wrote:This particular watch appears to have a very small band.
It would be my guess that the band is set to its smallest radius to make a tight fit on the display. The band on mine is the same and can be set to fit an enormous radius.

Planet-LED

Techie

Techie

Post28 Feb 2006, 18:31

The Big Time originally came with 7 links on the foldover side and 8 on the buckle side for a total of 15 links. If you look at the photos, it looks like there are 13 total links in this band, so again, it appears that this band is on the small side.

Wes Murphy

Post28 Feb 2006, 19:04

HDLED wrote:The Big Time originally came with 7 links on the foldover side and 8 on the buckle side for a total of 15 links. If you look at the photos, it looks like there are 13 total links in this band, so again, it appears that this band is on the small side.
I stand corrected.

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton