• Author

hueur

Nerd

Nerd

Module Pulsar 3013

Post21 Apr 2006, 18:43

Hello,
What do you think of that module ?
I bought recently a PII ss 2900 (astronaut / time only). It works perfectly (but button is very sensitive...)
I've seen several pictures of pulsar modules and I wonder if mine (see picture) is really a PII module or a P3 in PII 2900 case ?
The number in the other face of the module is 3013.
Don't you also think there is some strange weldings ?
Thanks guys

Image[/img]

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Module Pulsar 3013

Post21 Apr 2006, 20:55

Hi. Thats a 3013 (P3) module (as it has 2 reed switches) with an oscillator chip installed where the crystal used to be. This means that at some point the old crystal has stopped working and someone has brought it back to life and put it in a P2 case.

On the downside your watch is no longer original, on the plus side it's no longer dead. If you paid a lot of money to a seller who should know better then it may be worth complaining but I doubt you'll get much out of it. These chips are great for those of us with modules showing "0", but they're becoming annoyingly common in watches sold as "most people would sell this as NOS".

The sensitive button could be an easy fix. Try covering the inside of the button (inside the case) with electricians tape (careful when replacing the module). If this doesn't do it then try alluminium foil and if that doesn't work then try swapping the reed switches round (hey, after all you've got a spare :D ).

hueur

Nerd

Nerd

Re: Module Pulsar 3013

Post22 Apr 2006, 07:04

Hi,
Thank you very much for your reply. This is quite a bad news for me (the price was not low), but the watch works fine in an awesome case !
I am a newbie in pulsar collection. Next time I will be more vigilant ...
What is the difference between chip and crystal ? does it have an impact on display ? Or my splendid red leds glitter like any other pulsar ?
What kind of glue can I use to stick electrical tape or aluminium foil ? And wich one of the two is better ? Do I have to use a special glue ti stick it ?
H

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton