help !

• Author

hueur

Nerd

Nerd

help !

Post03 May 2006, 17:57

Hello,
I got a problem with my P2 : nothing happen when I press the button. (first it was too sensitive and now it's ... dead ?).
I changed the batteries but it didn't settle anything.
I removed the tin foil I put to make the button less sensitive ... nothing.
So I tried to put the magnet in min/hours place and ... the display appeared, and minutes then hours advanced like in normal setting !
And when I put the magnet few minutes latter, I realise that time didn't advanced... that's why I am afraid this is worth than a dirty button or something about the button ...
Is this a wrong conction between button and reed switch ?
Or a malfunction of the IC that did not compute time anymore ?
Could it be a wrong switch in the module ?
Thanks for all suggestions !
Hueur

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Re: help !

Post03 May 2006, 23:27

Hi,
I had the same problem on my P2 , the reed switch is dead , you have to change it.The time doen't move but it's normal , you have to activate the reed switch once to "start" the watch.

You can check this by making a bypass over the reed switch and verify that it activates the display.

Olivier

hueur

Nerd

Nerd

Re: help !

Post04 May 2006, 08:33

Thank you very much,
As I am not techie-man at all (you will not see me on a "soldering iron" forum), but just a lover of pulsar's design, do you think you could explain me the way to chage it in french, so I won't miss a word ! (Because you ARE french, are you ?)
Thanks doc
P.S. : I let message on the forum about a shop in Paris who (according to it but I didn't try yet) repair pulsars. "Royal QUartz". Have you heard of it ?
H

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton