It is currently 12 May 2024, 01:20

Pulsar leather strap/band

• Author

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Pulsar leather strap/band

Post05 Jan 2007, 16:14

I don't actually own a pulsar yet but I'm planning to start hunting soon and I'd like it to have a leather strap. What I don't know is how the strap is attached to the case - is it a spring bar type arrangement ? Can a nonpulsar 70's strap be attached or not ? I ask as I get through leather straps at a frightening rate and I'd prefer to replace the genuine strap with something more disposable - or else attach a butterfly clasp to a pulsar strap. Suggestions and advice appreciated.

Planet-LED

Techie

Techie

Re: Pulsar leather strap/band

Post05 Jan 2007, 16:58

I own a Date Command that I wear with a non-original leather strap. It is 19mm wide wear it attaches to the watch with a simple spring bar. It makes for a very comfortable watch.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post06 Jan 2007, 22:08

Thanks, the Date command is one of the models I'm considering, the other is the P2/date 2. Does anyone know if this one's strap is easily replaced or does it need a pulsar specific strap?

Planet-LED

Techie

Techie

Post07 Jan 2007, 21:54

If you go to the www.oldpulsars website, click on the picture of the P2, and you will see one with a black leather strap. I've not seen one in person, but it looks like a band made specifically for Pulsar.

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post07 Jan 2007, 22:01

So far as I undestand, the Pulsar specific leather strap differs from the generic type by having a clasp that can hold the setting magnet.
The other day, my computer beat me at chess. It was rubbish at kick boxing though.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post08 Jan 2007, 15:47

Thanks, I'd already checkout out OP's site and sadly the photo doesn't give much away. What made me curious was one on ebay over Christmas and the photo of the back looked like the strap did not use a spring bar, certainly not a "standard" type. As for the magent holder, could that not just be attached to a replacement strap just the same as inserting a butterfly clasp ?

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post08 Jan 2007, 15:58

The PII bracelet is attached with a screw pin not a spring bar, and you would need a strap with a cut out at the end, it's not a standard straight end like the PIII.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post08 Jan 2007, 16:21

Aha! That matches the one I saw on ebay perfectly. Thanks for the info. Now the next question on P2's. Is this strap easily available or is it an odd one ?

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post08 Jan 2007, 16:26

I wouldn't have thought it's an easily available one, but you could allways modify an ordinary strap.

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

Post09 Jan 2007, 10:22

The leather Time computer Pulsar straps are far from easilly available - especially as NOS. It's either a case of waiting for one to come up on ebay and paying a lot for it or getting in touch with one of the reliable Pulsar shifters from ebay to see if they can get one for you. (ledland, or barbie9 for instance). You'll still have to pay a lot - but it may cut out the waiting.

The original clasps are more readily available (as unlike leather straps they don't fall to pieces in the summer). You can put these onto any strap quite easilly.

Both the P3 and P2 straps have notches cut out near the lugs.The P2 in the middle (can be attached using the same screw which is used to attach the metal band) and the P3 on the outside so the strap is wider outside the lugs than the springbar.

If I was getting one to wear I'd get a none pulsar strap of a similar size/shape, cut the notches out myself with a sharp scalpel and ask if anyones got a clasp in the marketplace. No-one will know the difference when it's on your wrist.

Cheers. DB.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post09 Jan 2007, 11:48

Thanks for all your input everyone, now I just have to decide which one - a P2 or P3. Both????? :P

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton