It is currently 12 May 2024, 05:06

What is battery life of a daily worn LED watch?

• Author

Led007

What is battery life of a daily worn LED watch?

Post09 Jan 2007, 03:45

All I know is that for especially the Pulsar Bigtime P4 flick of the wrist watch I never had batteries last more than 3 months.... When I wore it daily during the summer.... The flick feature is great and I love it but it certainly puts strain on the batteries.... When I wore my P2 and Date Command watches I never got more than 3 months either... I know that the 357 batteries have a lesser power supply that the 355 batteries... This is the same for all my Led watches Bulova, Hamilton also... I guess I'm just trigger happy always checking to see the time in Bright Red Leds... I know that Pulsar stated that with 25 readouts a day battery cells should last about 1 year... I do easily do 3 to 4 times that amount in one day... Don't worry I got plenty of batteries that I buy in bulk fairly cheap... I use energizer, how about the other brands are they just as good.......I thought this would be an interesting topic to start?

Thanks,
Mike

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Re: What is battery life of a daily worn LED watch?

Post09 Jan 2007, 10:11

Hi,
I never wear a led watch daily for fmany month in a row , I rather pick one up in the morning , sometimes an analogic.(don't blame me!I love the accutron's and omega f300)
In that way batteries easy last a year , but once again , use only good quality batteries avoid the chinese cheapies or they'll kill your module in 6 months!
The eye of the master,
Does more than bote his hands.

L'oeil du ma?tre
Fait mieux que ses deux mains.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post09 Jan 2007, 11:43

It really all depends on how often you check the time. 25 readouts per day X 365 X 1.25sec/readout = 11,400 seconds, or just over three hours, of display time, spread over a year. Batteries in a watch left with the display on continuously go flat in...surprise!...just about three hours [have accidently tried this experiment]; they don't call these watches "battery eaters" for nothing! Modern 357 cells have about 85% of the energy storage capacity of the original 355s [advances in manufacturing technology have made up for most of the shrinkage in size], so should still give about a years' service if you can manage to cut back to 20 timechecks a day [my addiction has softened to the point where I can get by on 6 to 10, sometimes even less]. A watch left running but otherwise undisturbed might go for 20-24 months. I personally prefer the RENATA brand; Swiss made, top-quality, and have never had one leak in a watch. Energizer would be my second choice; after that I might be inclined to just leave them empty. Consider also; the process whereby the quartz crystal "ages" and stabilizes occurs only while the watch is actually running...time spent just sitting in a drawer doesn't count. Final note; seemingly dead modules can suddenly and spontaneously come out of their "coma" and return to full operation. I always keep a suspect module under power for at least a week before giving them last rites; I have had this happen several times in the last three years.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post09 Jan 2007, 11:50

Renata, buy them in bulk on ebay for savings.

6-10 times a day - I can do that in a hour :? I just love seeing those LEDs light up.

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton