P2 Ghostly apparitions

• Author

paulmondays

Nerd

Nerd

P2 Ghostly apparitions

Post06 Mar 2007, 20:12

Hi

I've got a P2 with the later module that suffers from "ghosting" intermittently. The right hand digit sometimes has virtually all the leds partially lit up while you can see the time counting with the leds at their full brightness. Anybody know anything about this? It's got new renata batteries and the module looks like a pretty clean genuine P2.

Paul

leddwatch

Banned

re: P2 Ghostly apparitions

Post20 Mar 2007, 02:56

Its a logic fault, you have a leaky gate somewhere in the main chip. Try running the watch on silver cells instead of alkaline, this is a sometimes a fix for logic faults because the voltage is higher for silver cells, 1.55volts instead of 1.4, it can sometimes cause a faulty stage to run right again.

paulmondays

Nerd

Nerd

re: P2 Ghostly apparitions

Post02 Apr 2007, 23:33

Interesting. I do use silver oxide cells. With new batteries it tends to happen more frequently and the display burns very bright: this P2 burns batteries very quickly. Once the batteries are depleted the display dims and the ghosting seems to diminish.

Could this suggest a link to the light sensor circuit? If the light sensor is dirty could this lead to an excessively bright display, ghosting and rapid cell depletion? This is total speculation, my knowledge of these electronics is very basic.

Paul

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton